Setting for Base and Rover for Cambodia

Hi @timd1971
Thanks for link, by quick look to that link, i think that it’s about measurement forest and they maybe not using emlid. what we discussed is about using emlid for long distance to survey. and our project is about surveying around pond. in addition, there are not forest too. it’s just trees around pond.

Look quite interesting. let me discuss with my team. thanks

I think MapitGIS works with a rangefinder? Never used and probably limited to certain model/brand.

Maybe get a cheap or used total station if you do a lot of work under canopy etc?

Hi @Lymot

As you said that there are not forest too. it’s just trees around pond., I think that you need to do more tests and send me your raw .UBX logs so that I can give you some advice.

Can you clarify what was the problem with NTRIP?

Do you have fix status in the ReachView at the same moment?
Mobile Topographer can only collect points with Reach as it does not affect on device settings

What kind of data do you need ? we have surveyed around pond already. Most of points are float because of trees.
Ntrip (Reach/Reach RS RTK Correction Data through Free NTRIP - Beginners), we follow these link. but use (https://youcors.com/ ) to test and register for using.
Mobile topographer, we had two reach, one for static and other one for collect data. if both of reach near each other, we can get fix. However, when we go bit far, it will change to float.

Hi @Lymot,

I need raw UBX logs from your base and rover. You can zip them and download on Google Drive or Dropbox to share.

How far is your Youcors base station from the rover?

Can you share your system report (by following steps from this link) when everything is setup?

1. Our data from mobile topographer are excel, kml, shapefile,ect. but i dont see file you need. Do you need ?
  2. It only keep both bast and rover not far maybe 5meter from each other. But we failed during connect so we stop do it more.
  3. System report maybe later, due to my team start new semester, we will send you as fast as we can.

Just follow that simple link. I just clicked but no one else has.

sure but i need to go to my study area first

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Nd0pIT71Go5RB0vw4ALS3eQs7LVSHbI

Hi @Lymot,

In your system report, I can see, that you’re using different RTK parameters on rover and base.
Please, double-check all the settings.

I’d recommend you to watch out video tutorial about base and rover LoRa connection setup. Try to test default settings from it.

thanks, let’s me follow tutorial and will let you know soon.

1 Like

Hi andrew,
can you check our report. i think all steps are followed, but in the video do not mention or show about base RTK. So please kindly check.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qUNsjfWhg5tcskMGI7UlCueMn4yT_CDC

Best regard,

Ly

Hi @Lymot,

The result for the new system report the is same as I mentioned in my previous message:

Also, please, set the same settings on base and rover for LoRa radio.

As for this quote

you can find the base setup part at 1:57 in the video tutorial by following link from my previous answer.

Thanks,
Andrew.

1 Like

Hi andrew,

can you check my system reports below? i think i followed all steps but result still the same, float under small trees even trees near base.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qUNsjfWhg5tcskMGI7UlCueMn4yT_CDC

best regard,

Ly

Having vegatation over the unit is quite disruptive for the L1 gnss signal.
If you want reliable measurements, you need quite a good skyview, and/or have the right sats in view at the right time (by planning your sites with a simulator before going into the field).

Hi @Lymot,

Set the same update rate in RTK settings, please.

Overall, according to your setup photo on dropbox, it’ll be almost impossible to get a good satellite signal due to poor sky visibility.

Hi Andrew

This is better satellite but Why it’s keep float ? i mean i work under trees. i connect to Ntrip this time.

It will float, because working under trees eats the gps signal. When signal-to-ratio gets that low, confidence in the signal also gets way lower, and thus not able to fix.

1 Like