RX Update Connection Problem

I’m having trouble connecting my RX to my PC to update to firmware 1.5. When I connect the RX, my computer pops up this notification and the flash tool is still “Looking for Reach RX”.

How do I update to 1.5?

1 Like

Bypass any usb-hubs, and use a quality cable.
If it is still failing, try another usb-port straight into the computer.

1 Like

I’ve tried multiple cables on ports that have no other problems on three different computers and still get the exact same problem.

1 Like

Here’s a start.

Have fun.

1 Like

Thanks @timd1971 ! I haven’t tried this before. I just got a W11 workstation about 6 months ago. This is a good resource.

I’ve been having some issues with unrecognized USB ports in W11. I’ll have to try this out !

2 Likes

I tried everything except the nuclear option of a system restore, which wouldn’t make sense since the problem is the same across multiple different computers, and it still doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Can someone at Emlid send me a driver for the RX?

1 Like

Maybe uninstall (reboot) and reinstall (reboot) the firmware updating software?

2 Likes

The third computer I tried (my wife’s laptop) was a fresh, right off the browser install of the Flash Tool.

1 Like

Hi @jaredplnormand,

I’ve noticed that you’ve already attempted to use different USB cables and ports, as well as trying another PC.

Let’s delve deeper into this issue: please ensure the flash tool is the latest version and disconnect all other devices connected to the USB.

Let me know how it is going.

1 Like

On both computers (one tablet, one desktop) that had the flash tool already, the flash tool underwent an update before trying the RX firmware update. On the third computer (laptop), the flash tool was freshly installed. The tablet and laptop only have one USB port each and were only connected to power sources otherwise.

1 Like

Just to clarify, everything’s working well with the RX except connecting it to the USB port? Could you snap a picture of the USB port on the device?

Also, is there any way to reflash the RX using a Mac OS?

1 Like

I’ve tried multiple USB ports on multiple devices.

I don’t have access to any Mac OS devices.

1 Like

Given the nature of not being down, time is money, seems this is where maybe a extended warranty / loaner program would be useful.

1 Like

Just an update that we are reaching out to Jared to solve this issue.

1 Like

Was there a resolution to this?

2 Likes

Not yet. Waiting on my dealer to send me another one under warranty and see if that resolves it.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for the update. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Probably failed usb connector on the unit.

1 Like