I have an issue exporting a survey project .csv file. The issue happens with several projects which I’m making changes to, and have previously exported. After making changes (adding a point or deleting a point in the ReachView app), the subsequent export does not reflect the changes. Although in the ReachView app I can see the changes made, the export file I’m getting looks like the previous export and does not reflect those recent changes.
- deleting previous exports from the iPhone/iPad
- restarting the reachview app
- restarting the RS2
- not saving to the iPhone/iPad, but rather airdropping to my MacBook
- ReachView v2.22.4
- iOS 13.5 (iPhone and iPad)
- EMLID Reach RS2 (how do I find firmware version?)
- system report available, not sure how to include it here…
My suspicions as to the problem:
- iOS is not deleting the old exported files, and is not overwriting them when exported from ReachView with the same file name, so I’m seeing old cached files
- ReachView app is not exporting current saved data
- I’ve experienced the issue a few times, and I believe a few times have found that after the RS2 unit sits powered off for a little while, overnight for instance, and the export is tried again subsequently, it then does export the correct data… Is there a certain amount of time it takes for the RS2 once powered off to purge cached data or save current projects?