RS2 GPS antenna

What are the antenna parameters for L1 / L2?
Thank you

That information can be found in the docs on this page:

Open up the PDF there called, “Reach RS2 general drawing” and you will see the antenna is 134mm above the threaded base / ARP (antenna reference point).

1 Like

Thanks Bide! but I mean the L1 / L2 phase centers, the ARP is 134 mm

I’m not sure that we have that information at this time, or I haven’t seen it.

1 Like

I have not seen her so I asked.

Maybe the L1 and L2 centers are perfectly coincidental? It might be too much to expect. :slight_smile:

I believe it was mentioned before that the plan was to get the antenna recognized by IGS. The testing required for that is probably what will produce the numbers you are looking for.

surely you have to wait for the antenna calibration by IGS :grinning:. There are integrated antennas that the in phase L1 / L2 is coincident

1 Like

I have edited my 1st reply above to be more correct in that the ARP would be the threaded base and the antenna is 134mm above it.

1 Like

Having a skim through this article, maybe one of us can make our own antenna calibrator with a fixed RS2 base and a RS2 rover attached to a robot arm:

:grin:

It may not result in IGS recognition, but it might get the answer you were looking for. :wink:

2 Likes

it is difficult without the necessary instruments

1 Like

So you are saying that we aren’t going to do it with the raw log downloaded from ReachView? :smile:

I don’t understand much how to do it, I’m going to investigate.
my RS2 is traveling from Hong Kong

2 Likes

OK, great! So you have a couple of days to find the robot arm and get started on the project!

(I am just kidding with you.)

But it is nice to hear that your RS2 is finally on the way!

2 Likes

ha ha you are very funny! Thank you

3 Likes

It was already on the want list:

Absolut GNSS antenna calibration

The following agencies/firms offer the individual absolute calibration of GNSS antenna/radome pairs meeting the current IGS requirements for receiver antenna calibrations:

3 Likes

It would be interesting to see those numbers for sure… I guess one might be able to average out those values, if they are anything significant.
But they seems quite small currently, or at least within the typical RMSE of multi-frequency GNSS.

@wizprod Christian, how would the procedure to determine the phase values?

I don’t know how the commercial guys does it, but through a lot of averaging and moving the receiver around in very controlled and well-measured manor, you could get those numbers out with some degree of uncertainty.

@wizprod @tatiana.andreeva @bide EMLID would not be able to determine it so that the antenna can already be registered in IGS

Not exactly sure what you mean with your post above?