RS2 Future Want List

Hi there!
Here is my “short” list of wanted features to enhance my awesome RS2:

• UTM coordinate support
  • Custom geoid support for orthometric height conversion
  • Satellite imagery basemap
  • Additional field for each point to add a custom code (see Florian’s message above)
  • One tap instant survey point recording (currently, you need 2 taps: “Collect” then "Save&Go"and it takes minimum 1 second of observation)
  • Physical button support (eg: ability to record a point with the volume key of the phone/tablet or with an headset volume button)
  • Strict Precision/DOP filter : not being able to record a point if desired accuracy is not met without an obvious alert pop-up message and a warning sound.
  • Filter to prevent recording point if not in FIX mode (excluding any SINGLE or FLOAT recordings)
  • Bigger status indicator (SINGLE/FLOAT/FIX) when surveying. For example, the background of the Status section in Reach viex could change color (Red/Orange/Green).
  • Mini SNR chart (similar to the one in “Status”) in the “Survey” interface. This chart is very useful to know if we have a good satellite view (in real time) when recording points, more visual than a DOP or Sigma/RMS value.
  • Quick access to reset all connexion (NTRIP and sattelite), without needing to reset the device (which takes time…). Just to get a new catch of satellite and correction input without the need to put the pole and receiver upside down.
  • Edition of a point name, description, antenna height, and add more measurements to it
  • Edition of a project settings and name
  • USB export of projects and logs (to USB drive or to computer)
  • IGS absolute calibration of the antenna for precise PPK (.atx file)
  • Create “event” file when recording points. This is useful for post processing the rover Rinex with RTKPost on a computer and automatically extract the points from the POS output file.

That’s all for now :smiley:

Keep up the good work !

13 Likes

Very nice “short” list! Well noted, thank you!

5 Likes

:rofl:

To be honest,… It feels like something is missing when I can’t view the SV’s on a classic sky-plot. That would be nice.

Also a technical breakdown of what signals of what SV’s are being tracked (and/or used in positioning), and their SNR would be a nice touch.

4 Likes

I would second this request. In GIS applications, the ability to add a custom fields to a project would be really helpful.

Connect to PostGIS database and survey in realtime to the cloud.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.