RS2 Battery issues

I have already installed version 2.23.4 for some time. Unfortunately, the problem with the battery still exists. He performed again today. I had a device charged to 70%. I went to the measurement and during the start up the red LED was on (but the device started). In a few hours I started rs2 and three LEDs were on. So there is still a problem with the battery charge status recognition.

Hi @tatiana.andreeva, I’ve updated both of my devices to the latest firmware. Unfortunately, whatever I said in the first post when I created this thread tread still exists. I have no problem whatsoever with my Rover unit. The battery charges up to 99% and lasts 22hours as decribed by emlid (reduces by 1% every 13-14 mins based on my observations). The base has never caught up since day 1. I charge it and it gets stacked at irregular levels(77%, 82%,87%, 92%, etc.) and ceases to move anymore. I sometimes get 99% (and strangely even 100% once in a blue moon. yes, all 5 leds stay solid when it gets to 100%) but the battery lasts approximately 15 to 16 hrs even at 99% or 100%. Can’t conclude but I actually think it’s a faulty battery in my base unit because the rover unit is flawless. Thanks!

Hi @marcin, @richie1aubyn,

Sorry for not being clear enough!

In this update, we’ve fixed the issue preventing Reach to be turned on when it indicates the wrong charge status.

Reach RS2 might still show the battery status incorrectly after storage in cold, however, it now shouldn’t affect the possibility to turn it on. We are working on improving the battery status as well, but we felt that it was important to release this fix first.

Could you please clarify at which ambient temperature you work with your device? At which temperature do you usually charge them?

Now my RS2 charges 100% the battery. last version dev.
Congratulation

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.