RS2 base and rover losing fix/ stuck in float

Yikes - We are getting a swap this week as well. Hoping that works using the old firmware. Hopefully we can all get this resolved as its frustrating! Know they are working on it at Emlid!

1 Like

You can always revert back to 2.24 public release. Remember that 2.25.x is a development version, so you are basically using a beta.

4 Likes

Hi @richie1aubyn ,

If you can also share raw data, base correction, and position log from the rover, it would be of great help in finding out the reasons for such behavior. Please enable the Raw data debug option on Control Panel before recording the logs: with that, we’ll have a lot more data to analyze.

@dsmith,
We’re trying to reproduce the issue at the moment. Once we have any news on it, we’ll get back.

2 Likes

So, today I tried a different rover-base pair than last time, same result, stuck on float.

I tried a lot of different things, but always stuck on float:

On rover:

• switching between static and kinematic
  • restarting correction input
  • changing SNR mask

On base:

• disabling combinations of constellations
  • starting/stopping base mode

Also tried collecting a point in RV3. Weirdly enough the sigmas looked a lot like a fix, though a little worse.

I’ll send full reports and logs shortly in a pm

1 Like

Just want to post an update here that we’ve received Christian’s logs. We’ll look into them and get back once there is any news.

6 Likes

We are facing problem with rtk fix.

Same thing happened to me with the 2.25.1 firmware.

2 Likes

Hi @tatiana.andreeva, sorry for the delay. i collected sample data 2 days ago for upload but unfortunately I forgot to turn on the “raw data debug” button on both devices. finally had time to record some data with the “raw data debug” button turned on today. Here is the link to the data on my Google Drive.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. Any solution?

Please remember that this is Development-firmware, so 2.25.1 is essentially a public beta to help out Emlid. As such, if you have a big job with no margin for error, running a beta in a production-encironment is not something that anyone would encourage.

I currently only see 2 options: downgrade to latest 2.24 or post-process data from 2.25.1, if you can live without RTK.

2 Likes

How i do it? Downgrade

Here’s the guide: Firmware reflashing | Reach RS2/RS2+

1 Like

Thank you

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the data!

I’ve just noticed you shared Simple system reports from the units. If you’re still on v2.25.1, may I ask you to generate Full system reports and send them in? You can either PM me or email us at support@emlid.com.

1 Like

Hi @abeerquddus, @mai, @correiorcs,

Do I get correctly that you have the same setup: 2 Reach RS2 connected via LoRa?

Replied in your PM. Thanks

Richard,

I’ve received the reports, thanks!

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you all for sharing the logs and reports! It seems that we’ve collected enough data for now. Also, we were able to reproduce this behavior with our devices.

We’re looking into it, but the investigation may take us a while. If you need to get back to work as soon as possible, you can reflash your devices to v2.24.2 using this guide. We’ve just checked it: everything should work fine.

I’ll get back to you once there is any news.

4 Likes

Happy to help as always! Hope to see it solved soon!

5 Likes

We have reverted all sets to version 2.24.2. All are working fine at present