I have a couple questions below and would appreciate if you can give me some insights.
- Is it correct that a Reach RS2 can function as either a base or a rover?
- Are there any fees to switch one from base mode to rover mode and vice versa?
- Can these Reach RS2 units communicate with a different-brand base (or rover, eg. Topcon, Trimble, …) or just with Emlid ones, in an RTK application?
- How well are these Reach RS2 units in a forested environment (i.e. surrounded by trees)?
- Are the software free to use or paid?
- Is it true that I will also need an iPad to control these units in the field?
- Does the Reach RS2 Survey Kit (at this link) include everything necessary and ready to use? Particularly, do I need to buy extra cables, batteries, …? What are in the box?
- And do you know if the posted price $4,398 for the RS2 Survey Kit is final or there needs to have tax and shipping costs added?