RS+ NTrip fieldgenius

Ok, yes, in certain cases depending on device, it is… then the only option is to fall back to 1Hz. I.e. with your device @agrimgalina and my older Trimble Nomad 900G Windows Mobile data collector.

But… my Windows 10 Surface Pro can definitely take advantage of the 5Hz update rate in ReachView settings. Display Movement is smooth as butter versus that 1Hz lag that jumps around. I haven’t tried the 10 or 14Hz update rate with GPS only, but I need cm accuracy.

Tim! I gave up the tests with FG yesterday pdop 30.9. I hope that rechview gives us the possibility of a local coordinate system and a location. I still wait for RS2. regards

I believe the patient man will have his wish.

5 Likes

someday!!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

I did some tests today (RS2) mostly at 5Hz and some 10Hz update rate with Mesa2 FieldGenius and it works good . I noticed from 5 to 10 it jumps around faster .It will depend on the application I guess how fast you need it . For scraper work 5Hz works awesome .

2 Likes

5Hz is good for most. 10Hz should have a smoother, finer rate of motion as you move with more detail, versus a course jumping motion or lag like 1Hz.

Higher rate also comes in handy with fast moving rovers. i.e. running as fast as you can as if a bear was chasing you through an open field naked with a hard hold of your rover pole. Or maybe a drone or 4 wheeled rover. :woozy_face:

1 Like

I will have to try with the RS+ too.

2 Likes

I think high update rates 10Hz and 14Hz will only work with GPS & GLONASS only for the RS+.

Too bad you couldn’t use a screen recorder of the real-time movement of them.

1 Like

There has got to be a way, isn’t there.?

yeah, tons online… google free screen recorder

YouTube people use them all the time… I’m not a youtuber though. no time to play like that :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think the high update rates will come in handy while on a roller coaster, SPACEX launch, racetrack, sky diving or on the end of a rope drug by a horse… can’t wait to see those videos @davehofer1993

:rofl:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time ago since this topic was relevant. We are constantly working on our ReachView 3 app by adding new features and improvements.

NTRIP over Bluetooth is available since 29 firmware version for Reach RS+ and Reach RS2 along with local coordinate systems for many countries worldwide. You can try it and create a new topic if any questions come up!

1 Like