RINEX Logging

I am trying to log a base point for static GPS observations for OPUS processing and I get this error:

The file xxxx.220 seems to have a collection interval of 60 seconds! The collection interval must be 1,2,3,5,10,15 or 30 seconds to be processed by OPUS.

This is strange because I logged at 1s intervals and had another test file run just fine without changing any settings. After looking closer at the data, it appears that this “broken” file is creating a timestamp with:

2022 7 5 17 38 60.000000

Instead of:

2022 7 5 17 39 0.0000000

OPUS sees this as having a 1 minute interval, instead of a 1 second interval. Is there a way to post-process this to get a correct timestamp? I would like to know how to prevent this from happening and also know if it can be fixed in case it happens with actual field data and not test data.

Hi Jason, and welcome aboard !

What GNSS device do you use ? What’s the firmware version ?

Could you also share the RINEX file here ? And if possible, the UBX backup file from the internal memory too ? Would be awesome to cross-check.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reporting!

There’s indeed an issue with the epoch representation in OPUS preset on 28.4 Reach Firmware. It’s shown as 60 instead of 00, as you mentioned. The good news is that the devs are already aware of this issue and are preparing a fix for the future stable release. Once the fix is out, I’ll let you know.

Currently, you can convert this file in Emlid Studio with a 1-second interval. Then, it should be accepted by OPUS.

4 Likes

Hi Florian, I am using an RS2 receiver with the latest firmware (28.4?, it was updated the day before the test). I will get the files off of the unit, although it appear that Liudmila’s team is aware that it’s an issue.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi Jason,

Yes indeed, Liudmila will probably come with a fix later.
I am still interested to see the files, as a feedback, in case some other users face the same issue :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to a zip file with the raw base station data. As a new user, I can’t upload directly to this forum.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with processing file in OPUS

Hi Jason,

Reach Firmware 29 with the fix for this issue is out! Please update your receiver to this version to ensure it gets this correction.

In case you have time to test it, don’t hesitate to let me know how it works for you.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.