Replaceable batteries in next RS3

I’m not sure which cases @andreas8001 is referring to, but I know there were some issues and discussions about battery-level indication and charging issues.

I also do know that I’ve had 2 devices where emlid did investigate because of battery-issues after only 10-50 cycles, and the conclusion was something was wrong. But following the RMA-procedure the devices were properly replaced under warranty.
If batteries were easily replaceable, the exchange probably would be faster, now it took months between detection of failure and getting a new working RS2. (for investigation of logs, confirmation batteries were the problem, sending in old device, shipping new device, …) If we we could/were allowed to change batteries, I’ld just swap/send in batteries, easier to diagnose and I could have continued using the device with just a spare battery.

I do agree the batteries of RS2 are great (if they work properly), they provide sufficiently long running time. But it looks like the issues with the battery level indicator don’t get properly fixed which do lead to lot’s of confusion. 2 weeks ago I also took a RS2 off the shelf after some months, and the battery indicator again showed 0 LED’s, the level indicator kind of has it’s own mood, personally I don’t trust them, I’m estimating battery level based on voltage and usage since previous charge.
I gave up waiting for the fix :frowning:

2 Likes