Recommended RS+ Survey Setup, Pole and Tripod Selection

We just purchased the RS+ Survey package and I am posting here to see if anyone has any great recommendations for the survey pole and tripod. I understand that the survey pole should likely extend above the head for best results. I also see an extension between the survey tripod and the Base RS+ unit. Is this extension necessary and what does it do? I am hoping someone is willing to share the specific models of the components and any insight into any equipment that has made using the system better and more convenient.

Thank you very much for any insights!

Poles and bi/tripods

Quick-connect setup and magnetic vehicle mount

I use a 50 cm extension on my tripod (between the Reach RS+ and the tribrach). that works good. I also have a 1 meter extension, but I have doubts about the accuracy when I use it, because of the levelling.
The higher the better reception, but the higher, the more it becomes even more crucical to do extremely exact leveling (and trusting the leveling calibration).

1 Like

That’s why I always recommend a rover pole with a tripod attachment. Stamp it in the ground and get and accurate level every time in 2 minutes.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi guys,

I see that the last comment was here a long time ago. But it’s never too late to update the thread with some great news :blush:

I don’t want to beat around the bush, so here is the point: we’ve just released our survey pole! Feel free to explore and order it in the online store.

3 Likes