Last week a new update was pushed to all Reach and Reach RS users. I was out on a break, but the team was eager to roll the new features out. Now I’m back and here is a small post on the changes.
Until now, bluetooth could only be used for outputting solution, useful with apps like Bluetooth GPS.
This app update adds a highly requested feature - using Bluetooth as data input.
- Bluetooth correction input. Most notably, compatible with the Lefebure NTRIP client. Instead of connecting Reach to the Internet directly, you can use your phone to pass NTRIP corrections via Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth correction output, found in the base mode tab.
- For obvious reasons, you can’t set both position output and base correction output to bluetooth at the same time. The app will warn you about this
- This release does not fix the “Starting collection bug” introduced in the point collection update and reported by multiple users on this forum. Currently working on this, you should expect a fix by the end of the week
- We’ve permanently disabled wi-fi power management on the device, as it did not function properly. It may have resulted in the app loading slowly and generally bad responsiveness. Should be fixed now!
More updates are coming, stay tuned!
v2.5.1 is released. It fixes the “Starting collection” freeze in the Survey tab, which occurred when the update rate was set to 1 Hz. Also fixes a couple of frontend animations not working properly.
v2.5.2 update is released. Fixes the ERB protocol GPS tow units - seconds, rather than ms.