ReachView v2.21.2

Sorry for keeping you in the dark. What devices did you use? We’ve reproduced this on RS2. Thanks for the report.

2 Likes

RS2 as well.
And thank for getting me out into the light again. Been going crazy in the dark with wrong heights :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In order to be on the same page, it’d be very valuable to know whether you see this issue on other devices? Thanks.

I will check tonight

1 Like

Hi, have all the bugs been ironed out? Plan to update Reachview but don’t want to do so if not all bugs were fixed. Thank you.

Been running fine on my RS+ base and rover for about a week.

1 Like

I will return to the stable version, it is not working well. On iPhone 7, it takes a while to load the rechview and at times it doesn’t recognize the SIM, in RS2

Oh, and I am running a Google Pixel 3XL on Android 10. @agrimgalina, what iOS are you on? I can try some of my iOS devices.

Do you usually connect to the Reach Hotspot or Wifi/Phone Hotspot?

1 Like

Can you try on iOs? Can you downgrade to lower version? From the app store, there is only 1 version, the latest version.

Luis is already on iOS. I run Android, but offered to try iOS to test. Just making sure you understood. This version is a pre-release developer version so you can reset to stable versions as Luis mentioned.

In the Samsung J7 it works well, I would like to go back to the stable version but the layout does not work well.
My RS + continue with 2.18 working perfectly

Hi Luis,

Can I ask you to share the Full System report from the device so we can check what’s wrong with the SIM card? Please send it in the PM.

1 Like

@tatiana.andreeva I send system report for PM

@tatiana.andreeva Version 2.20.8 stable worked perfectly, I have no satellite difference between the base and the Rover

Hi Luis,

Thank you! I’ll look into it and get back with updates.

Thank you !!

Hi @wizprod @george.staroselskiy,

Does this issue with antenna height on the base being ignored only apply to the Reachview V2.21.2 ? We’re about to process a project we collected using V2.21.1

Thanks, Al.

1 Like

Yes, but it only applies to RTK, not PPK.

1 Like

Hi Luis,

According to the Full System report you sent me, Reach RS2 detects the SIM card. However, it looks like the Internet is unavailable on this SIM. Please check with your mobile operator to make sure everything is fine with it.

Thank you!

Hi Tatiana, the sim recognizes her but in the latest version 2.21.2 when you start rechview the start is not instantaneous, it is as if thinking a long time, version 2.20.8 does not! I don’t know what the problem will be. In iPhone 7 it is more unstable than in Samsung J7. greetings Luis