ReachView beta v2.2.5

Is anyone else having any problems connecting to Reach after the 2.2.4 update?

Here is what I did.

1. Installed 2.1 via linux
  2. connected to router to install update
  3. Updated to 2.2.4 and everything worked
  4. ran tests outside
  5. tried to connect to reach using AP mode (no router)
  6. connects to network
  7. can ping 192.168.42.1
  8. reachview will not load on linux machine and mac laptop

I did see that when I sshed into them both that the highest utilizing process was reach_setup

Hi!

If you updated your Reach via wi-fi, then turning it on in this network’s range will make it connect to it by default. If Reach connected to your home network, it won’t have the same IP address. Try opening ReachView with http://reach.local url(if you changed Reach’s name, put it in before .local).

It no longer has access to that network, as in I am outside and the router is off.

What is the status LED?

If it’s blinking magenta/green, then Reach is waiting for time to sync. In the hotspot mode this can only happen with the antenna plugged in and some moderate satellite visibility. Check 192.168.42.1:5000 to see if my guess is right.

It is asking to connect to a wifi network just like it did when I first started it up. The step before time sync .

Ah, ok. That seems about right. What about the LED?

Is autoupdate note for RS working?
Mine says 2.2.4 is up to date ( new 2.2.5 is out i assume?)

It is flashing as you said. If it is correctly operating then I have a question.

How do I access the app to pull down logs if I am inside with no GNSS signal and no router?

New version released, check the updated changelog for details!

4 Likes

We’ve decided not to start the app before the time sync occurs as it leads to some unpleasant consequences when writing logs. You can still access reach with some kind of SFTP manager, like FileZilla.

2 Likes

Looks like its game over for your pole @bide :joy:

4 Likes

I tried out 2.2.5 with the Pixhawk, but noticed that the altitudes are still in WGS84 rather than MSL. Will the Ardupilot GPS driver for the Reach require updating?

1 Like

I can confirm that NTRIP is working now on v.2.2.5. I am using rtk2go.com and it’s working including dropdown menu. Of course, I don’t know if that’s the update or if rtk2go got something fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

Looks like the Ardupilot 3.4.5 GPS code is pulling the MSL value from the ERB record:

Is it possible the MSL and ellipsoid values got switched?

1 Like

Unless we give up that 1/10th millimeter antenna height accuracy and move the decimal point for a max 65.535m then it would be OK. I don’t know what repercussions that mod would have in RTKLIB or the various protocols though.

Oh well, I guess I just have to shorten the pole to 6.5535m then. :frowning2:

(those are not my hands, by the way)

6 Likes

@bide This maximum is specified by RTCM messages standard :slight_smile:

1 Like

I knew we must have hit the wall there. I was just joking anyway. 6.5535m is plenty :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rrr6399 we will check the MSL once again and see what’s going on. Thanks for testing it.

1 Like

Yes, MSL is wrong in the ERB binary protocol. My solution is to subtract 42,125m to the reach reported height.
state.location.alt = (int32_t)((_buffer.pos.altitude_msl -42,125 ) * 1e2);

This is of course very ugly, but it works for the locations that I fly at.

By the way could you please add “differential age” and “AR ratio” to the ERB binary protocol ?

2 Likes

Hy
Is it correct this screenshot

or what I have to do to update 2.2.5 ?

thx

Francesco