ReachView 3 update feedback

Very good ReachView update with cloud save.

But why don’t they keep the projects on the device once you log out of the account?

It would be great.

3 Likes

Hello. I updated through PlayStore and when I start the program a screen appears but it does not stay active. I have uninstalled the mobile and reinstalled from 0 and it starts. I understand that it should respect what is configured, updating the new version and allowing to continue working without having to update configuration parameters. Is it due to a bug or is this how this update proceeds?.

Hi, everyone
Is the new RV3 also available as IOS?
I can’t find anything new.

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for your question. We’ve implemented it this way so that data is tied to your account, not your device. You can fully work offline and the data will automatically sync once you go online. In fact, you don’t have to change much about how your work, and the backup will just work in the background.

So why would you need to log out?

1 Like

Ignacio,

Unfortunately, one version we’ve shipped came with this bug that would crash the app in some rare cases. It’s already been fixed and the latest available in the play store works fine. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yep, it’s out. If you don’t have a new sign-in dialog in the Profile tab, check if the App Store has already updated ReachView 3 to the latest version.

1 Like

Olá. Eu baixei hoje mas o app não abre mais. E tenho um trabalho neste telefone (android). Foi após eu baixar a versão 7. Eu deveria desinstalar o app e instalar novamente ou esperar a proxima atualização para não perder o projeto que ainda não descarreguei??

Hi!

We’ve created a new update with a couple of bug fixes. Please make sure you have the very latest version installed.

Do not delete the app, as it will delete your projects as well. We’ll try our best to help you fix the app and get access to your data.

1 Like

Já realizei o download e deu tudo certo! Recuperei o projeto e já está atualizado com os 3 dispositivos e um único login! Obrigado!!!

2 Likes

In Android the latest update does not show me the solution while connected to a receiver.
In the IOS version it shows it correctly.

They can check what could be due.

Android:

IOS:

2 Likes

@egor.fedorov

It would also be very helpful to place the AGE and PDOP values ​​in the status bar.

I know that with a click on the bar it shows me the status summary.

But if you show those additional values ​​in the status bar it would be very helpful.

2 Likes

Great to know! Looking forward to your feedback!

Já realizei o download e deu tudo certo! Recuperei o projeto e já está atualizado com os 3 dispositivos e um único login! Obrigado!!!

“I already downloaded it and it worked! I recovered the project and it is already updated with 3 devices and a single login! Thanks!!!”

Google Translate

Fixed in version 7.1

thanks team

2 Likes

Hi, I just updated our fieldwork tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3) to Android 12 and since then Reach View 3 is constantly crashing at startup. To empty the cache wasn’t successfull. I have installed the latest version from the Android App Store (7.1). Do you have any advise how to recover the app and data? Best regards

1 Like

Hi Julian,

With the new update, all of the connection and start-up issues should be resolved :slight_smile:

If you just updated the app via the App Store, the data should be on the app. If you reinstalled the app, there’s no way to get the data back. If the data sync was enabled prior to the reinstallation, try accessing your Emlid Account and getting the data from there.

Hi Polina, thanks for the fast reply. I did not reinstall the App to keep the data, but with the newest version from the App Store it is still constantly closing again after start. Device reboots etc. didn’t help neither. It looks like the app stays active and just minimizes, but its impossible to open it. Is there any way to back up the data?

1 Like

Hi Julian,

Okay, I see. Let me quickly check this with the devs. Please don’t reinstall the app now, otherwise, the data will be lost.

2 Likes

Hi Julian,

Just a quick question: did you have a chance to work with the previous version ReachView 3 7.0? Did you notice the issue with 7.1 only?

Hi Polina, actually I did the update after a longer field campaign and I don’t know which one was the previous version. Bests, Julian