I’m connected to ReachRS+ base over Reach hotspot wifi network from an iPad using the ReachView 3 app. I just updated the app today from the Apple Store and this is my first time using v3.
On ‘Receivers’ page I am connected to the Base unit and can see its ip address (192.168.42.1).
The ‘Status’ sub-page loads and tells me 25 satellites in view etc.
Likewise the ‘Logging’ page opens and gives info on space consumed, raw data settings, and so on.
However the ‘Settings’ page does not work. It opens, but everything is grayed out and there is a popup message that says “Could not load device settings”. I’ve rebooted the Reach, connected and disconnected multiple times to no avail. The behaviour is identical for both the Base and Rover units.
What do I need to do to solve this?
What’s your iPad model and iOS version? Have you tried any other mobile device?
iPad mini 5th generation
Update: the other iPad mini (2nd gen) I have can’t update to Reach View 3 because it’s using iOS 12.5.5. However it’s ReachView app works fine.
Ok this is super wierd: This morning Rover had the same problem as in opening post. After the nth time rebooting and trying this and that I:
- Ipad >> Settings >> Wifi >> Connect to Rover hotspot
- Reach View 3:
- Status: yep reporting sats etc.
- Settings: error “couldn’t load current settings”
- Safari >> opened 192.168.42.1 (Reach panel):
- Status: same info as above
- Hotspot: on
- From “Networks: Available” select one and enter wifi password
- Message pops up instructing to connect to same network and load the panel again
Without changing the ipad wifi network (stay connected to Rover hotspot wifi) >> open Reach View 3 >> select Settings → and it opens successfully, and all the sub-menus work.
Update: Bad news, after power cycle the Rover is unreachable. It goes in to “Client wifi mode” (blue light slow blink) but Reach View 3 app can’t reach it regardless of what wifi network the iPad is connected to. I have to take the emlid out of wifi range in order to get it to revert to hotpsot mode.
It goes in to “Client wifi mode” (blue light slow blink) but Reach View 3 app can’t reach it regardless of what wifi network the iPad is connected to.
Please ensure the Wi-Fi network is working at 2.4 GHz. I have a couple of questions as well:
- Do you see the receiver in the list or it can’t be detected?
- Is it possible to access the unit in the web interface when you can’t access it in ReachView 3?
As for the Couldn’t load settings issue:
- Please check you’re using the newest FW and the ReachView 3 version.
- Try to reset the settings to the default ones.
You can update the firmware and reset the settings via Reach Panel.
Just wanted to check if the suggestions worked for you. If not, I’m here for any further help!
This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.