We want to thank everyone for the warm response to ReachView 2 and the new image. We’ve had a ton of invaluable bug reports and feature requests.
Almost a week and a half after the initial beta release, we are releasing the first on-the-air update with tag v2.1.1. So what’s inside?
USB is back!
You now have three serial options to choose from:
- USB-OTG, which corresponds to USB accessories, such as USB radios
- USB-TO-PC, only useful when Reach is connected to a PC as a device
Updater progress bar
Unfortunately, you will not see it this time, but starting with the next update you will have a nice progress bar, showing download and install status.
Added loading screen
Opening the app page will look a little better.
We’ve implemented some serious cache-fighting mechanisms, but you still need to clean it this time.
- RCH-353: Wi-Fi Password should allow any characters
- RCH-356: XYZ/LLH selectors disappearing
- RCH-359: Coordinate label is not changing in XYZ mode
- RCH-374: Allow URL instead of address for TCP
- RCH-352: Allow connecting to open networks
- RCH-374: Time syncing too slow via the Internet
- RCH-373: Base disable output doesn’t work
- RCH-361: Reset to default button does not work
- RCH-364: Restart solution log when reconfiguring position output
- RCH-357: Logs not resuming after reboot
- RCH-370: Fix logger splitting period
How to update?
Go to the settings tab, and find the check for updates link. You will be redirected to the setup screen you’ve seen when ran your Reach for the first time.
The last part of the setup will show that there is a new version v2.1.1 available. Click the blue update button to perform the actual update.
The update process will have no progress bar. It will only be delivered with this update. Our tests show it usually takes from 1 to 2 minutes, depending on the Internet connection speed. Please wait until it shows that the update went successfully with a green tick.
Click the Reboot and go to the app button.
Clear your browser cache! v2.0.9 suffers from the cache issues and they might still affect you immediately after the update.
Thank you for using the beta, your feedback is extremely helpful. You can leave your reviews and notes in this new thread.
v2.1.2 has been released.