ReachView 2 beta Bug Reports

Reflash failed with an error on Win10 64bit. The toolchain works since I can flash the edison original (most recent default image). If I try to flash on the top of that it seems to do the emlid install, but when reach shows up as a wifi hotspot I am unable to connect. I reflashed under OS X, it seems doing the same thing. (reach shows as wifi, but when I connect to it it does not even ask for wifi password and not possible to connect).

I also tried with flashall.bat and ended up the same: reach shows up as a wifi hotspot, but unable to connect and when I look it up on the Edison Board Configuration Tool, it says firmware version not detected.

Hi Emlid Team , due USB connection is not supported on this beta release I am wondering why my 3DR radios doesnt work sending information about corrections, could you check why if you connect 3DR radios using Reach uart port and configuring on reach view, the corrections sent from base are not received for Rover?

What happens if you remove the protocol (http://) and the trailing slash?

Hi, as most of the user I’m also really excited about the new beta version (v2.0.9). The firmware Upgrade was not a problem at all (using Ubuntu 16.04). Just had to make one manual reboot after all the update process.

Then I just try to get my old setup working again using a radio for the communication of my both units, Which seems not to work proper. A TCP connection works fine:

The average single and average fix option is awesome and the main reason why I gave the beta a try…

Just the serial connection seems not to work yet. At my base unit I use a USB adapter which doesn’t show up, It just show me a UART device:

With the reach image 1.2 my setup was working.

Anyone how had success with a radio rtk connection?

Hi @wittich I have the same issue, but if you check the “release notes for this new software” USB feature will be released later, but I didn´t stop here, I connect the UART port connection on 3DR radio with the UARTport on reach but unfortunately didn’t work, thats why I wrote before why using UART ports doesnt work. :sweat:

2 Likes

localhost → work

localhost.net or xxxx.net → works not

1 Like

I guess you should try reach.local or 192.148.42.1 without the :5000 , I could at least get to the reach view app with various combination of this

Hi!

UART output does work, we actually used this app for flight tests with Navio a couple of days ago. Can you describe the hardware setup?

That image you posted…

This check was added on purpose to strip down the http:// part, as it is not the used protocol. We’ll bring this back for convenience, I think.

Could you try using the app for every step after reflashing?

Thanks!

Some input like:

Djfjfhsh.myfritz.net

Dont work also.

I need this because my fritz box uses this for fixed IP address like dyndns.

Andreas

ReachVeiw 2 beta working with Firefox. Ran into additional bugs , cockpit problems.

I could not get good correction data to the Rover from Base. I made two changes to make it work. I’m not sure if they are bugs because I may have caused them while trying to get the 2 beta version operating.

I went through all the recent tabs, etc in the other webbrowsers on the Smartphone and found all the Base tabs. Got rid off them all. (I probably should just have one webbrowser available). Perhaps since there is some conflict here?

I had tried turning off ANT corrections thinking there might be excess corrections. When I remembered that the original ReachView 2 beta install had these checked, I rechecked them to finally get good corrections.

The ROVER corrections look as I expect they should and most readings are FIX and FLOAT with good plots and I am ready to move on. This may be more of a lesson learned than a bug, but it may prevent others from having this problem.

I see that I have not been able to log and post process any data.
That will be my next task.

Cheers

Hi! It seems like the problem was with reach.local:5000 , if I enter reach.local than I can connect to the app (maybe the port is no longer 5000?!?!). Now the problem is with the wifi connection - even when I enter only lowercase letters for network name and password it does not connect to my wifi.

yep that worked fine, once reachview updated it all seems good.

Hi @egor.fedorov
Hardware setup is: On reach I use the DF13 port located next to USB port to connect directly to 3DR radio DF13 port and the TX and RX signals comming from reach are connected to RX-TX signals on 3DR please check the pics taken

Additional to that 3DR radios are setting up to work on 57600 baud speed…

My Setup is as follow:

Could you provide light help to me on solve this issue?

1 Like

Oops, I had overread that. Thx for the note.

@Grek Where your radio units working with the 1.2 image?

Hi @wittich Yes It works ok…with 1.2 image!! Now with Ver 2 dont work …

Hello,

Same issue, 3dr radio correction not working anymore with new Beta 2; both radio connected to UART (was working in 1.2).

By the way, new ReachView gui is nice and easy to use! Congrats!

Is there a way to access to the RTKlib parameters as we did in previous version?

Not able anymore to send nmea at 10Hz ?

stef

=> ReachView 2 beta v2.1.1