Reach view3, available recivers

I cannot see any available receivers when I open the reach view 3 app although I have the hotspot (Bluetooth) and the WiFi connected correctly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Bruce,

Reach is managed by ReachView 3 via Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth. You need to connect your phone to Reach’s hotspot, then you’ll see Reach in the list. You can check our guide to learn how to do it.

Thanks for your response. I have been using emlid for years without a problem although reach view 3 seems to generate more issues than the old version. I did not attach an image but I am connected to the hotspot via reach. I have connected my old phone today without an issue and the only difference I can see is the message when connected to Bluetooth that states ‘connected to phone audio’ on my old phone it says ‘connected to calls’ I have tried everything to change this without any luck…so far.

Bruce,

Did you manage to establish the connection with ReachView 3? Are there any issues with that?

‘connected to phone audio’

We fixed this in the latest 28.4 firmware version. Please update your Reach and check if this issue has gone or not.

Do you work with 3rd-party software via Bluetooth?

Kirill,

I am using an old mobile phone with no problems. I cannot correct the issue with my new one. I will update the reach as you have suggested and no, I am not using 3rd-party software.

thanks

Hi Bruce,

The firmware version 28.4 fixes the Bluetooth connection issue. But if you can’t access Reach via ReachView 3, it’s another issue. What is the model of your new device? Can you see Reach in the list of available receivers? If so, can you connect to it?

Hello Kirill,

My new device is a Samsung Galaxy A52. If I connect only with WiFi and not Bluetooth I have the option of both the receivers in reach view 3 depending on which one I connect to. If I turn on Bluetooth and connect to either the base or the receiver the options are not available in reach view 3.

Bruce,

Bluetooth is not used to connect Reach in ReachView 3. You can access Reach in ReachView 3 only via Wi-Fi. So, when you turn on Bluetooth, Reach isn’t expected to be available in ReachView 3.

As I see, you can access Reach in ReachView 3 via Wi-Fi. It means that there’s no issue.

Hello Kirill,
I apologise for not replying sooner concerning your last communication. I have been using my old phone without any problems. My new phone connects once via the app and then it drops off and neither the base nor the rover reappears as an option. It is obviously an issue with my phone and not anything else.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Bruce,

I messed up again a bit :smile:

Does your new phone drops Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection with Reach?

Kirill,

I connect with only wifi to the base or the rover, if I come out and go back in I lose the option of both via the app. If I restart my phone it will start the process again. My other phone is fine.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Reach RS2 is missing the list of available receivers

Hi Bruce,

When you come out, do you mean to come out of the app or to come outside with receivers? If you come out of the app, this issue is probably caused by Android battery optimization. Android system can close some apps to save battery and doesn’t allow them to work in the background. You can give this permission to ReachView 3 in Android system settings.

Kirill,

Yes, sorry, I mean come out of the app. I will change the battery optimization as you suggested.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.