Reach RS2 Bluetooth problem

Just got my reach rs2 today, unit turns on and operates but I need to enable output to the bluetooth but that is the problem when using the app you can’t do anything with the bluetooth icon when touched or held nothing happens like there is no bluetooth module? Unit is updated and the reach app on my android phone updated itself after it made the connection to the rs2 so everything is up to date. Any ideas? Edit: Adding if I choose a full report the app crashes, if I use a short report it says bluetooth is off and so is broadcasting a bluetooth name but it shows a 3 digit code as a password so I need to enable bluetooth in the receiver.

Does this link have anything to do with it?

Maybe in the meantime, maybe try another device such as iphone or different android or laptop etc if convenient?

Thanks! I tried 3 android phones then a reflash but the reflash didn’t work and now it is stuck in blinking mode. I read your cable comment and I wish that was the case for me but it is the app for flashing. The windows version is slow while the linux version is quick and actually starts to work but fails no matter how it is done.

Hi @brycethomaskennedy,

Unfortunately currently there is a UI glitch in the ReachView app that makes Bluetooth inaccessible from the menu. We already have a fix for it and expect to release it soon.

Meanwhile you can access Bluetooth tab by one of the following methods:

1. First go to Wi-Fi tab, then click on Bluetooth
  2. Switch phone to landscape orientation, Bluetooth button should become clickable
  3. Access ReachView from a browser on a computer

With regards to the reflashing issue, we will look into it as soon as possible.

Really sorry about this.

3 Likes

Thanks! I now know that the reason the flash fails and why I am in loop mode and not booting is that the flash program can not find the eMMC module and terminates the program install,

1 Like

Hi @brycethomaskennedy,

May I ask you to share flasher logs from both Windows and Linux? Here are the paths to where you can find them:

• Linux: ~/.local/share/Emlid/Reach Manufacturing Flash Tool/logs
  • Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Emlid\Reach Firmware Flash Tool\logs

windows 1020-19-10_9-2.log (1.6 MB)

linux deb
22-22-26_2-3.log (5.6 KB)

Hi @brycethomaskennedy,

Thanks for sharing, it’ll help us a lot!

I’ll write back to you once we have any news.

Tatiana:

Please let us all know about the status.
(actually, it’s my problem now, he gave up and returned it to me.)

• tj.

@tejones777 Curious, are you an Emlid retailer? MN USA?

Yup.

1 Like

Hey there,

At the moment, we’re preparing the fix for this flasher issue. I’ll update you once we resolve it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there,

We’ve pushed the new 1.0.1 Windows version of the flasher to our docs. You can download it by following this link.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.