Reach RS2 base + Trimble Rover

I,

I’m interested into buying a Reach RS2 receiver as a NTrip base station to connect multiple Trimble instrument (R10 and SPS986 as rover, MS992 for machine control).

I’ve seen a lot of topic about trouble to connect Trimble product to RS+ and RS2 base, because of the 1008 message.

It is unclear on the existing topics if the issue was fixed. Anyone using Trimble rover to connect to Reach base over Ntrip connection ?

Thank you !

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to our community forum!

We added support for 1004, 1008, 1012, and 1033 messages. So, now Reach RS2 should work as a base with Trimble receivers with no issues.

Here is the list of supported RTCM3 messages.

5 Likes

Great, thank you !!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Reach RS2 as Base with Emlid Caster and Trimble R8s as a Rover

Hi Jonathon. How did you get on with the RS2 as a base station for the MS992? We’re you using radio connection from the machine to the base or an NTRIP caster? I have a situation with the company that I work for in which we have Reach RS2’s for surveying and all Trimble machine control for the grader (MS995, CB460 etc) but no base station of our own. Ideally we would like a radio link to base. Have you figured a way for that to work in your situation? I thought trimble machine control only accepted CMR+ and CMRx messages as all. Look forward to your response

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.