Reach RS+ won't start

Hi there,
Yesterday I’ve updated my Reach RS+ from reach view 2.14 to 2.16.2.
After that I put it outside for testing.
During the test the Reach RS+ suddenly stopped working. At the beginning of the test the battery was 71%. The test stopped after +/- 45 min. Of course I ‘tried’ to charge the RS+ but it won’t start anymore. Also tried to hold the power button for 15 seconds etc… No led’s are coming up…

HELP

Maybe try starting it plugged into power also if you haven’t tried that? Make sure it’s getting the correct amount of power etc.

The next time you get it up and running (hopefully), also take progress notes of the temps just in case.

Thx for your reply. Already tried that. No results…

Maybe try to contact Emlid?

2 Likes

hmmm… sounds quiet similar to my problem.
I’ve send them an email yesterday already but there out of office until the 9th and I need the unit this friday (the 4th)…

O no. : /

I hope you can somehow get them working. Good people here that may have some better suggestions.

When you tried the 15sec power hold did you observe the lights doing anything?

Take a picture of the charging plug and cable also, and more particularly the specifications on the plug.

No lights responding… it just looks like it is death…

Let us hear more detail about your RS+:

Before flashing it, when was it used last and when was it charged last?

After flashing and starting your test, you say is died after 45 min. Did you immediately notice that or did some time pass between when it died and when you tried to charge it?

When you tried to charge it, how long did you leave it plugged in for?

Did you try plugging into a different power source?

Did you try using a different USB cable?

If you put your ear up to it while trying to charge, can you hear any quiet frequencies emmiting from RS+?

1 Like
  • Before flashing it, when was it used last and when was it charged last?
    It was used for about 1 hr before flashing it. Last time it was charged was in November '18.

• After flashing and starting your test, you say is died after 45 min. Did you immediately notice that or did some time pass between when it died and when you tried to charge it?
    I’ve noticed it directly because I was connected with the Reachview to check the fix status and process…

• When you tried to charge it, how long did you leave it plugged in for?
    In the beginning it didn’t charge at all. Just after a few tries the orange LED started blinking. I’ve charged it over night (8Hrs). The next morning the orange LED still was blinking. After I took it off the charger the LED stopped blinking and the RS+ wasn’t able to start (no leds responding). Also if I put it back on the charger the LEDS shows off…

• Did you try plugging into a different power source?
    Yes, various power courses, various adapters, various computer USB ports, various cables…

• Did you try using a different USB cable?
    Yes

• If you put your ear up to it while trying to charge, can you hear any quiet frequencies emmiting from RS+?
    No… silence…

Thank you for the quick response.

1 Like

Besides the post that was linked into this thread, it seems that there are more recent posts with power / battery issues… @timmyd, you might take a glimpse at this one too…

My base unit did charge up and as soon as I know for sure I won’t use them for a couple of days, I am going to put both units out and let them run continuously as @bide suggest and log them both to see if my Base unit powers off much sooner. i will report back when ever I get a chance to do that. I have no idea what to expect but time will tell. I hope the battery is good on the Base :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe more reading in the meantime:
https://community.emlid.com/search?q=Rs%20not%20charging

A post was split to a new topic: No orange and blue LED on Reach RS+

???

Any luck?

I PM’d @blikkie and he decided to wait for Emlid to respond when they are back next week.

1 Like

@timd1971 I’ve decided to wait for a response from Emlid support. They will be back te 9th…

Hello,

Someone from our team will be in touch with you via email soon.

Thanks for your patience!