Reach RS+ for OpenGrade

Hi there, I’ve been looking at getting set up with RTK correction for drainage in our fields. I plan on pairing Reach RS+ with BrianTee’s Opengrade onto my microsoft surface pro. Will I be able to pair my rs+ rover to my surface pro via bluetooth? and will OpenGrade be able to read the rs+ correction?

Thanks for any help,

Paul

M2 to ag open

RS+,M+,RS2, and M2 all work with AgOpen software. Though with open you have to build your own hardware.

I am not sure about bluetooth but by serial yes definitely.

Emlid is fantastic with AgOpen

1 Like

I would encourage you to purchase the M2 or the RS2 over the M+ or RS+. For drainage work the little upfront difference will be well worth it in the long run.

2 Likes

I agree as well the + versions work,

But the 2 versions just work so much better.
And they fix fast, and keep a fix under pretty challenging conditions.

1 Like

Thank you for your input. As I understand it, the M2 is more reliable because it is multi band?

Yes I realize I’ll have to do some hardware building to get OpenGrade to control the blade height. That’s why I enjoy these forums so much. Very seldom there is something that cannot be solved!

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Yes, the data from more bands enables M2 to obtain the fix faster. Also, more data helps with calculating fix solution when the conditions are more demanding. However, single-band receivers are can do the job just fine when provided with a clear sky view with minimum objects deflecting the GPS signal.

@PotatoFarmer and @jp-drain-sol, thank you for your comments.

I know too many that bought the + first, then the 2 to get it done. The RS2/M2 will give you better reception with quicker fix

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.