Reach RS fail to update. Do not turn on after flash Firmware

Hi Fabio,

I received your email. I need some time to suggest the next troubleshooting step. I’ll answer you throughout the day.

1 Like

Ok. Thank’s.

Hello. Hoping to get some news this Monday. Let’s see!

Hello. The problem seems to be very dificult to be solved… no response yet!
Thank’s @svetlana.nikolenko for your hard work and attention!

1 Like

Hi Fabio,

We indeed haven’t faced this behavior before. Still trying to sort it out.

Thank you for your patience!

Hello.
I didn’t update the situation, my bad!

In my case the receiver has not recovered - it is unusable!

I removed the antenna for use with other receivers and quartered the receiver it self (the card) to assess possible recovery - but no hope at all.

I regret following the guidance to update the equipment!

I hope your case has a more encouraging ending.

Hi Fabio,

The issue you faced is a rare one we’ve never experienced before. It’s hardly can be related to the update process, and most likely, it’s kind of hardware malfunction. However, it’s difficult to determine the cause of this issue remotely.

We can check the post-warranty service possibility with our local dealers. Could you clarify your country so that I can forward this response to our Sales team?

Hello. I am at Brazil.

Hi Fabio,

I just want you to know we’re still checking the post-warranty options with our dealers. I’ll reach out to you once there is any news.

Ok. Still here.

Hi Fabio,

I’ve sent you a PM, and also wanted to post it here:

We’ve thoroughly learned your case to check the initial assumption that the Flasher tool might break the device. We couldn’t find any errors in the Flasher logs you’ve sent.

Also, we’ve tested the Flasher tool with numerous Reach RS in the hope of catching the same issue to no avail.

We also couldn’t find a partner who can accept an opened and modified unit for post-warranty service.

We regret that you had to face this unusual issue. However, the investigation showed that this was not related to the reflashing process.

Hello.

The issue on updating is becoming very often…

Here is one of my M+ trying to update:

I will not update!

It is best to keep it unpudated then loose one other!

Shame!

Hi Fabio,

Reach requires a strong Wi-Fi signal to download and update the firmware. Such issues may occur if the unit stands too far from your Wi-Fi router, for instance. I’d suggest keeping the device near the router or trying to connect it to your smartphone’s hotspot instead.

If the issue persists, please provide me with the number of your current ReachView app version.

A post was split to a new topic: Difficulties with updating 2 Reach M+

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.