Reach RS+ as Base for Trimble Tractor Auto Steer

Hello!

I want to use my Reach RS+ (v2.17) as a Base Station for my Trimble Auto Steer (TMX2050, TM-200, AG25 Antenna REV.C) on my Tractor by using www.rtk2go.com.

But it doesn´t work ;-(.

Does anyone use the RS+ for Trimble Auto Steer?

Possibly the problem depends on the RTCM sentences, but I don´t exactly know. Because I can use an other correction signal as well (without rtk2go.com) and there everything works fine.

Reach RS+ sentences: 1002, 1006, 1010, 1097, 1107, 1117 and 1127
Other correction signal: 1004, 1005, 1006, 1008, 1012

Perhaps Trimble needs L1+L2 and Reach only has L1. Perhaps that´s why?

Is there a possibility to activate RTCM 1004, 1005, 1008 and 1012 on RS+ without having L2?

I think solving the problems with Trimble would be a good possibility for Emlid to increase the sales ,-)

Please help me! Thanks a lot!

Best regards, Christoph

1 Like

UPDATE:

I now was able to send out the RTCM sentences 1004, 1005, 1006 and 1012.
Therefor I changed the /etc/reachview/stable_config.json by using SSH (see Reach RS. How to ssh into Reach with Filezilla - YouTube ).

Father I am not able to send out the 1008. ;-(
Has anyone an idea why 1008 doesn´t work?

My Trimble Auto Steer also doesn´t work with these settings (1004, 1005, 1006 and 1012) from Reach RS+. But the sentences should be in a correct structure. I tested them using SNIP (use-snip.com). Only the L2-data is missing (that´s clear).

Could anyone test my stream as well please!
(www.rtk2go.com:2101; STR;AUT_Rametzhofen;;RTCM 3.0;1004(1),1005(10),1006(10),1012(1);2;GPS+GLO;SNIP;XXX;48.00;15.00;1;0;sNTRIP;none;N;N;3240;)

Thanks a lot!
Christoph

Hi @christoph2010,

I’ve tested your stream and have no issues with getting corrections on Reach.

Can you clarify your scheme, please?
Do you want to connect Reach base to NTRIP and start sending corrections from Reach to your Trimble rover on the tractor?

Hi Andrew!

Thx a lot for testing!

Yes, i want to connect Reach base to rtk2go.com-NTRIP-server. On my tractor I want to recieve the stream to get an RTK-fix.

I think, I am not able to get further informations from Trimble about thier correct scheme ;-(
I hope perhaps someone in the community knows this.

So, now you need to start sending corrections in Base mode tab.
What connection Reach - Trimble method do you use?

I use NTRIP.

Both Position Outputs are off. Do i need to set them to on -TCP? I have never tried.

@christoph2010, you need to setup NTRIP Correction input on your Reach base firstly.
After that, setup Correction output in a Base tab. You need to choose the way you’re able to connect to Trimble rover, but it will not be NTRIP as in the screenshot.

I’d recommend you to read this tutorial about NTRIP, Correction input and Base mode tab to clarify most of the points.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Reach RS+ base with Trimble rover over YouCORS

As posted in the other split thread, a Reach RS or RS+ base won’t work with either the older Topcon AGI-4 based VarioGuide or the newer Trimble AG-382 receivers.

I tried years ago when I first got my Reach RS units and got not joy either using NTRIP or strapping a compatible UHF to the Reach.

You’ll have to wait I’m afraid for the RS2 to be released in June with multi-frequency L1 and L2 support before it will work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.