Reach M+ and DJI Phantom 4 Integration

The Teo team’s solutions are the best for PPK drone mapping.
We are waiting for the MAshot for Mavic 2 pro PPK by Teo team.
@VanavaraDigital

1 Like

Hi.
We usually use GPS + Glonass, or GPS + Galileo.
But if your base has big Glonass Freq Bias, you can not make PPK well in RTK lib or another free software. But you may use Telegram @TeoboxBot for make PPK with Glonass, because Bot has math for glonass bias calculations.
And very good results you can make in Magnet tools or in TBC 5.0

1 Like

Close, but no. Same layout.

How you find the working with teokit.
and is installing it easy?
Do you recommend to buy the agnss teokit.

Thanks

My install did not go exactly the way their install video shows as I have the M2 and my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 was not the same as what they showed, but I was able to get it together just fine. If you have the right tools, are good at soldering and are comfortable taking things apart then there is no better solution out there right now.

2 Likes

Michael, you are brave ! :wink:

1 Like

in this thread we tell about Emlid items.
AGNSS is not emlid device.

1 Like

VanavaraDigital, Hello, I developed a PPK kit with the Reach M + L1 module, it uses the drone’s led to capture the time mark, I got good results, I found the TeoBox on the forum and I’m trying to geotag the photos more accurately using TeoBox , I thought the software was excellent, congratulations on the development, this is just missing a setting to set the deley of the latency / timekeeping sensor to (value / ms), example: deley 180ms, here are some videos from my PPK project:

Sorry for my bad English!

@michaelL - soldering? What did you need to solder when installing on a P4P v2?

Just to clarify this was for the full Teokit. You really don’t have to, but I put a tack solder on each of the metal connections. Just a very small spot to ensure nothing moves. The biggest need for a soldering iron was to trim out the webbing so that the M2 board would fit inside one of the arms of the shell. You can see how they do it on their video.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m only looking at installing the ASHOT board and cabling and leaving GNSS outside P4P.

1 Like

I am glad I did the Teokit to have one permanent PPK, but the rest will be external with the Ashot. Probably TopoDrone.

1 Like

Like Michael said, there isnt much soldering but a fine tip is best. Orm sokder can be hard to melt ( high melt point) to help, ‘add’ some solder to help desolder.
If you have a Dremel device you dont need to melt out the plastics to house the boards.

To set GNSS outside the drone - you need to make good box for gnss board.
If wind will blow to gnss module - you will have a lot of cycle slips in the Rinex data.

1 Like

AShot board has no delay, and we will not integrate delay option to Teobox of course.
If you use Leds for shot trigger, you need to know, that delay is not constant.
Delay is 50-250 ms.

2 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will try to delete my post.
Best regards.

Use 1 control point on the ground when processing the error decreases.

I think what was meant is that because the lag is inconsistent there is no way to calculate the images in a consistent manner. My question though is what is the difference in distance between a 50ms and a 250ms delay if those are the extremes? If you set the delay to 150ms then the +/- 100ms error is 2.9ft @ 20mph.

50 ms and velocity 9 m/S is 45 cm error
250 ms and velocity 9 m/S is 2 meters error

1 Like