Reach M+ and 3rd party Android Software (Localization Method)

The diagram shows the format that was used in the calibration of antennas when they were on tripods and the height was measured to the edge of the antenna. Now, the height is measured against ARP.

[MINI-MAC 2816] 20kg only
The MINI‐MAC Model 2816 receiver is lightweight, portable, and designed for operation by one person in field environments”.

3 Likes

@dmitriy.ershov

Hello Dmitriy,

Is the RED round disc the Antenna Ground Plane or the silver metal plate below it?

Thank you for your help.

It seems to me no matter what the parameters of the antenna to score. The program does not accept them. I forgot the most ridiculous parameters, it makes no difference. Maybe that’s not how I divide it.

1 Like

More seriously. I have not checked the application, but the rules are simple. The ‘R’ uneven zero means H(slant) measurement. This option does not apply to Reach M+.

3 Likes

Has anyone had any luck with Localization on Nuwa? I’ve had all sorts of issues. Eastings going in the wrong direction, scaling way off from true measurements, having to convert to meters even when settings are set to feet, etc. Also, not really happy with the Tools. Just setting out to points along a line was completely non-intuitive. On top of this, I haven’t been able to use it with Android phone newer than about 2 years old.

I never messed with it (NUWA) much for the reasons you describe, but you may want to look at other 3rd party options such as FieldGenius (FG) or SurvCE/PC. These are Windows based, but fully professional solutions. You can download free demo for up to 30 point projects of FG10 at MicroSurvey website (under support desk in downloads).

ReachView desperately needs LOCALIZATION and Coordinate Reference Systems to choose from. I would assume Emlid is working on and it will be another happy day when released… but it’s something that is seriously needed for any form of professional work if not using something like FieldGenius, etc.

Mobile Topographer Pro app may have localization??? Not sure.

2 Likes

…and very soon to be released for Android. I have not been able to find much detail on it, but I couldn’t believe that they wouldn’t include localization knowing their goals.

Amen my friend. I think we are getting them into use-cases (construction and drones) that they have not seen before. Construction alone spends $1.3 Trillion a year. Current figures estimate about 0.5% of that is in the survey and controls side so $650 Billion. With the product growing in the US, that is the way it is. If you really want that business you will adopt it at some point.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.