Reach M+ and 3rd party Android Software (Localization Method)

Can someone at EMLID verify what the radius (edit: to clarify, the Antenna Ground Plane) for the Emlid Reach RS/RS+ receivers should be please? Thank you!
@igor.vereninov @tatiana.andreeva @dmitriy.ershov@andrew.yushkevich

As we also don’t know which radius you need for that software, I’ll give you two values.

This one on the photo is 58mm.
The antenna ground plane diameter is 56mm.

1 Like

Hmmm… that seems awfully small for DIAMETER?
Are you sure this wouldn’t be the RADIUS?
I.e. RS/RS+ Antenna Ground Plane: 56mm radius (112mm diameter)???

Thank you Andrew!

I have no more evidence :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@andrew.yushkevich

Ok Andrew. I was thinking the silver colored irregular square shaped metal plate was the Antenna Ground Plane (AGP). (maybe this is just a shield and not the AGP?) So I guess the “red” colored disc is the actual Antenna Ground Plane then?

Thank you for the help with my confusion Andrew. : )

Then the radius setting for the Tersus Nuwa App would apparently be for the EMLID RS/RS+ ???:
R=0.028m (R=28mm)(D=56mm) (if the RED DISC is in fact the AGP?).
(don’t quote me yet!)

@andrew.yushkevich

Are we certain that this “red round disc” is the actual Antenna Ground Plane? Or the metal plate below it?

Since the metal plate below it is not circular, therefore no radius/diameter, so must be a nominal radius/diameter of the area? Maybe other brands of antennae have circular plates which is more common for providing a radius?
@r.pazus

I’ve always heard the plane is 3x the footprint of the antenna, but that depends on where the wire is. You could have a 6in x 6in housing, but the antenna is only 1in x 1in which is what I think we are pretty much at here. Nothing below 0 degrees should be able to hit it.

EDIT: Should have been 1in x 1in for the actual antenna.

1 Like

Not sure if latest Nuwa app user manual:

Radius 0.056 cm and phase center ?

???

m
meter

I’d hold off until we get the proper info and more importantly, what exactly is the radius referring to in the Nuwa app antenna setup.

I would “ASSuME” phase center is still correct at 65mm (0.065m).

Meter

Clear as mud.

You mean the Mississippi? I actually just did the phrase that goes along with the spelling, lol.

2 Likes

It just looks like a bug in the nuwa application. Radius is no longer applicable.
The antennas and receivers were slightly larger in the past - then there was a radius needed.:slight_smile:
foto-9

8 Likes

@r.pazus thats funny

Excuse me Tim! I was working and I got confused. the diameter is 56 mm in meters 0.056 and the center of phase 65 mm or 0.065 m

1 Like

working does that. ; )

4 Likes

Hello Ryszard,
Even if radius not important these days, what exactly is your parameters diagram referring to as the radius there? The Antenna Ground Plane radius? or the radius of the outer metal portion of the entire antenna’s overall extent / width / ring? (I assume the latter?)

Either way, sounds like radius is irrelevant these days as you mention.

3 Likes

I love that DATA COLLECTOR huge as a small refrigerator.
; )

1 Like