Reach Firmware 32 Beta 3 is out

Hi everyone!

We are excited to release the new Beta version of Reach firmware — 32 Beta 1.

Here is the list of the major changes.

Added features:

• Reach RS3 can now send NMEA GGA and GST messages with compensated position
  • Updated log list interface
  • Ability to rename Reach logs
  • Ability to split logs at 00:00 UTC
  • Ability to remove and rename logs over SSH as Reach user
  • Ability to set Reach name shorter than 5 symbols
  • Ability to download logs and generate a Full System Report for troubleshooting in some cases when Reach is stuck in loading
  • Ability to download logs if the internal self-tests have failed

Fixed:

• Cases where Emlid Flow loses connection with Reach when opening the list of available logs
  • Cases where the available update is not visible when Reach is connected to the internet via SIM card

This release is available for Reach RS3, Reach RS2/RS2+, Reach RS+, and Reach M2/M+.

We’ll be grateful for your feedback on the new features and fixes.

10 Likes
  • Reach RS3 can now send NMEA GGA and GST messages with compensated position

Is this the windows FG solution?

1 Like

Yes, but you need to set the antenna height in Reach Panel and set the antenna height in FG as 0.0.

4 Likes

Great

1 Like

Looks like a lot of work done in the logging module! It would be nice if 48 hours could be added to the logging time options in order to leverage the 48 hour maximum that OPUS accepts.

5 Likes

I’m stoked that the tilt corrected NMEA output has been included. Really nice to see the developer continuing to respond to user demand.
Is 5Hz the highest output rate in this mode or can it go higher?

5 Likes

Today we installed (via IOS Emlid Flow) the firmware version 32 beta 1 on our RS+ receivers and then we could no longer establish communication between Emlid Flow and the receivers, displaying the message “internal test failure” contact etc…We solved it using the Reach firmware Flash Tool… for those who have the same problem, this is the link to get free the Emlid Reflashing Tool 1.10.2: Firmware reflashing | Reach RS/RS+.

For now we’ll avoid this beta version

2 Likes

+1, but longer…3days+ for services like AUSPOS or simply user configurable.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @cnarquitectos72,

Welcome to our community!

Thank you for your report. It appears that we were able to reproduce the issue. We will investigate it and share our findings!

1 Like

@dpitman, @Wombo I can understand why it would be useful. We’ll definitely consider your request!

2 Likes

@Mick! It can even be 10 Hz. This setting is bound to the GNSS update rate. If you set up the GNSS update rate to 10 Hz in the GNSS settings tab, you can select the same value for these messages in the NMEA settings.

1 Like

No problem…Thank´s for your answer Zoltan

Regards

Juan

1 Like
  • Ability to rename Reach logs
  • Ability to split logs at 00:00 UTC

This are two good point, the mayor part of industri cut de logs at 00 UTC :clap: :clap:. In special I hope this feature will be inherited to the stable version :heart_hands:.

Have you thought that the names of the logs could be aligned with the international standard (IGS), for example for RINEX 2.XX or 3.XX? only community small suggestion :grin:

2 Likes

Hi guys!

We’ve found a bug in 32 Beta 1 on Reach RS+ and Reach M+. Updating to the beta version is temporarily disabled for these devices.

We are already working on a solution. Once the issue is resolved, updates will be available again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

6 Likes

Hi everyone!

We have resolved the issues with 32 Beta 1 on Reach RS+ and Reach M+, update is available again.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

We’ll be grateful for your feedback on the new features and fixes.

4 Likes

i have an rs3…it says the firmare is Beta: how do i know which beta version it is?

1 Like

If you tap on Firmware updates in the Settings, the app should show the current beta version on your unit.

1 Like

is there a feature in emlid software that would allow me to setup an automatic restart of the emlid rs2 as a base station automatically once per week on a certain day at midnight? currently using RS2 as base and sometimes it stops sending data and all it needs is a restart and its good to go again.
Any way to set up something automatically?

1 Like

Get a auto power cycle device and power the unit from the bottom connector

6 Likes

Yeah thats my plan now