RS2 vs RS3 performance

Hi @cneufeld39,

Sorry for the radio silence here.

As @davehofer1993 mentioned, you need to keep Reach RS3 in motion for the tilt feature to initialize. If it remains still for too long, the Emlid Flow app will prompt you to move it. You can rotate or walk with the receiver for a few seconds until you hear the notification sound. Also, no worries. If you get a Fix solution, the accuracy is still a centimeter-level.

Have you had a chance to update to our latest 32 Beta 5 firmware version? It includes some improvements for tilt functionality. We’d appreciate it if you could try the update and let us know your feedback. You can update to the Beta version in Emlid Flow.

It seems rather unusual to me, so it’d be great to investigate this issue further. Could you please conduct the following test:

1. Place your Reach RS3 outdoors in an open area with no obstacles nearby.
  2. Next, you need to configure your unit to receive corrections from your NTRIP service.
  3. Record the Raw data log in UBX format with the Position log (in LLH format) and Base correction log (in RTCM3 format) options enabled. It should be enough to log the data for 5-10 minutes.
  4. After that, save the log and share it with me with the Full System report.

I’ll need it all to see the data the units receive in detail. Since it contains sensitive information, you can email it to us at support@emlid.com.

3 Likes