Reach Firmware 26 Beta 2 is out for all devices

Hi @vgo195, @jp-drain-sol,

Just wanted to outline that the 1006 message should remain enabled no matter whether you use 1008 or not.

Please, check if this combination would work for you: 1006, 1008, 1074, 1084.

3 Likes

I will try that this evening.

1 Like

Indeed 1006 is critical to RTK as it contains the base marker coordinates in ECEF format and antenna height.

Without that information itā€™s impossible to get a fix.

2 Likes

Hi @DirtyHarry,

Weā€™ll make it not possible to disable 1006 message in the future so that it doesnā€™t affect someoneā€™s workflow

5 Likes

Sorry, new to the whole selecting which RTCM message thing. I have used Trimbleā€™s CMR the majority of the time and the RTCM used previously was from other brand bases and I didnā€™t have to do any modifications. They were all Ag products so, my guess is the manufacturer knew what messages where needed.

Good to know info on message 1006.

3 Likes

Thanks Tatiana. I canā€™t think of a scenario when youā€™d want to not have 1006 present on a correction output. Perhaps something for the next stable release.

Also how difficult would it be to have the ability to populate the actual antenna descriptor field in 1008? Iā€™m presuming the current beta generates the message with a null field?

Note that Iā€™m yet to inter-op. test the latest beta with other brands of rover using the classic messages, in this latest beta, so I may be jumping the gun so to speak.

1 Like

DirtyHarry, I donā€™t know what I donā€™t know when it comes to RTCM. I am good with a lot of things but this is all pretty new to me. I am a tinkerer and willing and able to learn.

Yesterday, while doing my testing I tried changing my 1008 injector to ADVNULLANTENNA and it worked either way so, I donā€™t think that was the issue.

I am not sure about the other user but adding the 1006 message to the legacy messages might correct the problem I had. I will verify this evening.

3 Likes

No worries. Itā€™s all a learning curve. My comment about keeping 1006 under the hood wasnā€™t really directed at your good self, but more in general. As thereā€™s really no need to have the check box to enable/disable as its prerequisite - its a distraction in other words.

Good luck with your testing. What sort of baselines lengths are you checking?

1 Like

I forgot, I had to take my vehicle into the repair shop last evening so I didnā€™t get a chance to test the legacy messages with the 1006

Baselines have been ā€œbench testingā€ only, no more than 50 feet. Once all the bugs are out and the weather gets fit, I will be doing some distance tests. I am certain my radio combination with the antennas I am using should easily cover the area I need. We place the base station in the field we are working in. Normally the longest distance is maybe 3000 feet and we are in flat country USA. Only time I have had troubles receiving corrections previously was when there was about a 5 acre woods in the middle of the field.

In my test setup, I am averaging fix for 1 minute for the base using the OH CORS network. When I actually use it on a job, there will be a 5 minute average. I played with averaging times with my M2/RS2 combination and a known surveyed point and found somewhere between 4 and 5 minutes got it extremely close.

3 Likes

Hi @DirtyHarry,

Yes, youā€™re right. Weā€™re transferring the information about the null antenna.

The thing is that the base receiver broadcasts not the position of the point where the base is placed but rather the antenna phase center. In this case, we donā€™t need to transmit info on the antenna name since we calculate roverā€™s coordinates in regard to baseā€™s antenna position.

Finally got a chance to test it again. I started with 1006/1008/1004/1012 and could not get a fixed status. I changed to 1006/1008/1074/1084 and it went fixed so your ADVNULLANTENNA is working but your legacy messages are not. Missing the 1006 previously was my issue.

When I had the 1006/1008/1004/1012 messages enabled I tried about every combination of Hz speeds for all the messages going from 1 Hz through 5 Hz with individual and all it just wouldnā€™t go fixed.

One strange thing I noticed this evening when I had the 1006/1008/1074/1084 config and got fix status the number of satellites on the Trimble monitor was jumping anywhere from 6 to 11 rather sporadically. I have never noticed that big of a jump previously. I can understand maybe one or two but 5? I am not sure if it is something to do with the MSM4 messages or not.

I have duty this weekend so I will not be doing much testing but if there is something else you would like me to try let me know and I will see when I can squeeze it in.

Hi @jp-drain-sol,

Thanks for the tests!

Do I get it correctly that in both variants of the test, you used your injected 1008 message?

1 Like

No, that was your legacy 1008. Previous tests when I enabled legacy I didnā€™t have the 1006 enabled.

Your 1008 is working ok with Trimble. I couldnā€™t get the 1004/1012 to work for fix though.

1 Like

@jp-drain-sol,

Thanks for your help with this!

Weā€™re currently looking into the issue with the legacy messages. Iā€™ll be back with the updates as soon as there are any.

1 Like

If I get a chance, I want to check the format of the messages against OH CORS legacy messages. I can do this with SNIP and see if there are any glaring differences.

1 Like

Could you add the following messages too?

GPS ephemerides: 1019
GLONASS ephemerides: 1020
BeiDou ephemerides: 1042
QZSS ephemerides: 1044
Galileo ephemerides: 1046
GLONASS bias information: 1230

It is useful to record these information with NTRIP Client and used them for post-processing in software such as EZSurv.

Thanks

4 Likes

Hi @l3technologycambodia,

Thanks for your request! Itā€™s noted.

2 Likes

Hi,
if i want to revert to the latest stable firmware should I unsubscribe from the dev option the reachview app?

1 Like

Yes and reflash. Here is the link for the RS2

Here is the link for the M2
https://docs.emlid.com/reachm2/common/reachview/firmware-reflashing/

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

Weā€™ve just released the Reach Firmware 26 Beta 2 .

You can check the list of all fixes and improvements including the support of configurable RINEX logging that allows a simpler setup for PPP in the first message of this thread.

13 Likes