Raspberry Pi 4 8gb

Hello,

I just received my Navio 2 today and am planning on getting a new RPi4. Will the 8gb version work with the navio and emlid version of Raspbian? Thanks in advance,

Rpi4 2 and 4Gb are ok.

Rpi4 8Gb doesn’t work: https://community.emlid.com/t/the-new-rpi4-8-gig-and-navio-image-not-working/20161

Hi @carrolp4,

I’m afraid Navio2 doesn’t work with RPi 4 8GB currently. We’re now getting this board to reproduce the issue with incompatibility between them and provide a new working image. I’ll inform you once we release it.

Thanks to both posters for the quick response.

1 Like

I am waiting for solution too.

I have the same problem. Navio2 is not booting on my Pi4 8GB. it’s working fine on my Pi3A+. I really need Navio2 on Pi4 8GB as Pi3 is not powerful enough for my application.

Hi Sairam,

We’re working on a new image with RPi 4 8Gb support.

At the moment, I can provide you with a workaround on how to make them work together:

• Insert the SD card with our latest image into your RPi 3A+
  • Run the following commands:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
  • Once the update is completed, you can use this SD card and Navio2 with RPi 4 8Gb

Please let me know if it works for you.

Hi Tatiana,

Thanks for the workaround. I tried it and it worked.
Now I can boot that SD card on my Pi 4 8GB.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hi tatiana

i tried this as well and it look its like pi4 boots up to navio login screen but none of the usb ports work. This means i cant use keyboard/mouse or anything that interfaces via usb ports.Please Help

Hi @asadali4651,

Thank you for letting us know about it. We’re working on the solution now. I get back once I have any news or additional questions.