R-Pi3 Estimate

I just received my Navio2 and am about to purchase an R-Pi2 to use with it. I’d heard that work was being done to interface the Navio2 with the newer Rasbperry Pi 3. I’m just wondering if it would be more worthwhile to purchase a 3 instead of a 2. Does the emlid realtime raspbian image have any other major changes besides the realtime kernel patch? Is there a rough release date for a preconfigured Raspberry Pi 3 image?

1 Like

The last I heard about it is this post: Does Navio 2 compatible with Raspberry pi 3 model B? - #16 by igor.vereninov

I don’t know how much ‘a little time’ is, but I’m eagerly waiting as well.

+1

Hey if they were hopeful for a week ago I might go ahead and order a 3! I’m excited to see what can be done with the extra processing power!

Yeah I was in same boat,get a rpi 2 or get a rpi 3. I went ahead with the 3 and wait for update. So I hoping it come soon

We are trying to fix some bug on RPi3 and it may take a couple of days or a couple of weeks, but it’s hard to tell a realistic estimate.

2 Likes

That’s okay! Always appreciate the honesty! A friend loaned me an RPi2 today because he knew how excited I was about this project!

1 Like