PPK Drone and Base: Only Q2 fix

No, i think you can use .17o as it is.
I would try to disable completly antennas above gps and see if it affects the noice level. I do find yout noice level a bit high for your plane

2 Likes

May I simply do a static test in my garden? I can let it alone 15 minutes with antenna on and 15 minutes with antenna on

1 Like

2 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

Would a helical antenna improve the fix being held during banking ?

No, i think not.

1 Like

I made this test on my courtyard, not ideal for GPS but I think fine for testing pollution from electronics:

Turned on the REACH GPS alone at around 20:15
Turned on the UAV plane at around 20:30
Turned off the UAV plane at around 20:45
Turned off the REACH GPS at around 21:00
GPS time

Here is the RAW raw_201707122014.zip (5.6 MB)

I have used the reference station but the result is bad?!

bepa1911.zip (2.4 MB)

You get such solution apparently because the reference station is more than 200 km away

1 Like

So it’s better not to use it :frowning:

update: yesterday the customer was here to look at the ortomosaic and DSM and it was amazed because the altitudes of many points he knows are exactly as he remember, the error was in the order of 8 cm that is the GSD!

Is this the tool to verify the noise?

Well, it’s Signal to noise ratio. But to see the whole picture, all diagrams and logs need to be analyzed :blush:

1 Like

If i am doing right:
G05 - the 2 spikes shows when I go near the drone affecting signal, so the exact time I turn ON the equipment is between 20:32 and 20:48, before and after only the REACH module was ON
G06 - it seems the only one that go down while equipmente is ON but it doesnt get better after, maybe it is not affected
It seems the equipment doesn’t affect performance, am I right?
Thank you

Do you have the raw log files for this run?

1 Like

Not easy to see and im not sure how much it affects the performance.
From the log it looks like the you have spikes at the beginning and the end on almost all satellites, (turning on and off). The device you turn on, what was that? Your radio reciver? Did you move any stick during this periode?

between 20:32 and 20:48 I turned ON the plane with everything connected, but it’s not flying and not giving input, 900 Mhz telemetry is the only radio sending signal there, but the test was made in polluted area, I must do another in an open area

I made other tests, this one at 120 mts of altitude, using the TB_RTK config, do you think I can get better results tweaking the config?

First part of the flight was loiter, to calibrate the airspeed (pitot)
Thank you

RAW files https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D4NWIsFtYmd3RBYkdocVV2dlU/view?usp=sharing

After a couple of tries. Mayby possible to do a bit better

RTK-mim_TB.zip (1.0 MB)

1 Like

92% fix actually

1 Like