Poor Performance of radios LoRa in Rs3

Hi @erro.alfaro88,

It’s indeed curious why your Reach RS performs better than the Reach RS3. I can confirm that we didn’t reduce the capacity of LoRa. The UHF antenna can be connected to the same port as the LoRa antenna, but they still work differently. The UHF antenna is only useful for the rover because the Reach RS3 is only capable of receiving the correction over UHF radio. For the base side, it requires an external UHF radio. You can learn more about this in this thread.

But back to your Lora issue, the guys above have already shared some pretty good tips to find the source of the issue, but here you can see the full checklist:

• Check that the receivers are placed in the line of sight.
  • Mount the receivers on a survey pole or tripod of at least 1.8 m high to ensure they have a clear sky view.
  • Use the settings from the Base and rover setup guide to set up your units.
  • Ensure that the LoRa antennas are firmly attached.
  • Try to tune the radio by changing the radio frequency in the available range.

You can find more details about each step in this post from our community forum.

If it doesn’t help, please do the following test:

1. Bring the receivers to a place with a clear sky view. You can follow the recommendations from this guide.
  2. Configure the units as the base and the rover according to the Base and rover setup guide.
  3. Enable the Raw data debug option on both receivers.
  4. Record the logs on the units for at least 10-15 minutes. We will need raw data logs in UBX format from both receivers, correction log in RTCM3 format from the rover, and position log in LLH format from the rover.
  5. Generate full system reports and send all the data to me at support@emlid.com.

It will help me check what is going on with the receivers in detail.

Thank you!

2 Likes