Old firmware

This is interesting. We didn’t change anything referring to the input of NTRIP corrections lately. Have you already got the chance to try the connection without sending GGA message?

Of course, same result…

Then we’ll be in touch via PM a bit later to request further details for troubleshooting.

i ask for the datasheet and they reply me: “RTK corrections come from the HxGN SmartNet network and are issued in RTCM3.1 format, which is a message that complies with international RTCM standards.
With any NTRIP client it is possible to consult the RTCM message arriving from the network.
We remind you that the corrections do not come directly from the individual bases, but from a Control Center which issues the corrections in standard RTCM format.”

Hi Giuseppe,

We’ve checked the RTCM3 this caster supplies, and it seems it provides observations in 1003 and 1011 messages. Reach RS+ can’t use these messages for computing an RTK solution. At the moment, it looks like the caster was providing data in another format earlier.

?? Why reach can’t use this message? Isnt standard rtcm3 message? This can’t be fix?

Hi Giuseppe,

RTK algorithm used by Reach RS+ requires SNR values for solution computation. These messages are not extended and don’t provide the SNR values, that’s why Reach won’t work with them, I’m afraid.

I guess the real question is why does your provider insist on using these basic messages?

A post was split to a new topic: Reach RS2 base with Reach RS+ rover

@giusepss Is there a different mount point that you could try? One that is different from NRT3-RDN? Maybe another mount point will have the correct messages.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.