NTRIP - PPK Survey

In your RS2, use base mode and get the coordinate (use average fix). Using this you will get base coordinate that have been corrected by cors.

After that use same base mode but change the setting to “from known point” and fill the fix coordinate and record the raw data.

Set LORA correction in RS2 and M+ for RTK Mode and record raw data for M+.

So every coordinate record by M+ is already corrected by RS2 (base) and coordinate RS2 (base) is already corrected by cors using base mode earlier.

If you want to use post processing just use Raw data from base and rover, dont forget to change the setting in RTKLIB and fill the fix base coordinate

Hi there,

thank you both @wizprod and @agieyogaswara for your help. I finally managed to configure everything propperly. I used the NTRIP correction just as it came in from the NETWORK for now and I will also look at the PPK of the Base position as recommended by Christian…

Many thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

2 Likes

Awesome. If it hadn`t been for that final diagonal track across the squared track it would be perfect.
Kidding of course, FIXed PPK is perfect in any shape :smiley:

just a quick update:
Here is an answer that I received from EMLID:

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for contacting us.

At the moment, ReachView supports WGS84 coordinate system only. However, if your NTRIP caster provides corrections in ETRS89, the coordinates in the survey tool and the base position in logs will be provided in this system, even if it’s specified as WGS84 in ReachView.

That means you need to convert the position of your base to WGS84 after you establish it, as RTKLib also works with WGS84. While post-processing in RTKLIB, on the step of selecting base coordinates source, choose the option “Lat/Long/Height (deg/m)” instead of “RINEX Header position” and enter them manually.

Thank you!

So seems like I have to convert before PPK… I have some serious distances between my survey points and the orthophoto so I guess, I will have to try sorting that out with the crs conversion.

Do you know how I can extract the base position from the ubx log files?

If its raw .ubx, just convert to Rinex then open it.
If any, coordinates are shown in the Rinex header.

Is this the coordinate of the base?

I don’t understand where this might be. Neither WGS84 nor ETRS89…nor UTM 32N…

If you don’t mind, here is the link to the log file:

https://85.22.19.5/nas/filelink.lua?id=3b8b56d5a821dba7

@agieyogaswara
I now understood your answer. I missed the step in quotes above. And this is basically what emlid said… Thanks again

I now take the average ORI position of fix positions as indicated here:

and this one makes sense, coming out of ETRS89/ EPSG 4258

Yes. ECEF coordinates.

I am really a bit puzzled now…

ECEF er not so much used. It’s the native coordinate system GNSS recivers use.
It’s this format rover will receive the base (ntrip too) locations coordinates in.

I don’t understand. Is it possible, that this epsg.io transformation is not up to date? WGS84 and ETRS89 used to be the exact same in 1984…but the current one is different…

Can you recommend a good conversion tool?

Many thanks

This page will explain it. It’s mainly about GPS but covers some of the others too.
https://www.e-education.psu.edu/geog862/node/1407

You have a good sense of humour :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will take look and see where I can find the answer…

Qgis is a tool I would recommend.
This is getting somewhat hard to understand and many mix up datum and system without really knowing what they are doing.
WGS84 Original and WGS84 latest realization is one pithole.

Sorry. Did mean to dump lecture on you. It’s just important to get this right and really understand what’s going on.

That is what I am using generally. But I get the same result. I used reproject and it returns the exact same result.

No, I understand and appreciate. You understand correctly that I am not a surveyor. I will do the lecture from PennState, it looks good. I read the ublox script for a start…