NRCan accuracy with RS+

Hi @overwatchuav,

I’m afraid I can’t come up with particular advice on logging time as it vastly depends on your area, particular satellite view, and many other factors. The general rule is the longer the observation - the higher the probability of collecting enough data to get an increased precision. For example, one of our users logged the data with RS+ for 24 hours and got relatively good accuracy. He shared his experience in this thread.

Also, please keep in mind that the final accuracy also depends on the NRCAN’s ephemerides. Final ephemeride, giving the highest accuracy is only available after 13 days of the recorded observations.

Regarding the surroundings, the easiest way to check the placement of the RS+ is its SNR plot from the raw log. We have an article on how to analyze the logs, which might be pretty handy here.

Once you convert the raw log, you can check the SNR level and the log quality overall. The fewer cycle slips and the more charts with SNR reaching 40-45, the better is the log. I’d recommend comparing the raw data from different places and time slots, but I’m afraid there is no universal advice in that case since single-band receivers are still behind the multi-band ones when it comes to PPP processing.