No events stored after post processing

Hi everybody

I am new on this GPS world but I am studing a lot and I am doing progress.
I recently bought a REACH RS+ and set it up following Emild docs.
Everything in RS+ is set correctly (apparently) to get correction via NTRIP, all works well and i get almost all the time FIX point with 999.9 AR ratio.
Recently i wanted to get an accurate position of a GCP for a drone mapping.
I set to on the raw log and start to collect the position for 30 mins.
I set raw log in RINEX 3.03, elevation mask 15, STATIC mode…

During the observation i stored just 1 point and of course is FLOAT.
Putted all data ( raw log and RINEX from base) and start to work with RTKPOST.
I watched tons of video and read tons of topics how to set it up but after the post pocess i have 42% Q1 and 58% Q2. It`s normal?
Other thing that I can not solve is I never had a solution opening event.pos file, looks like Reach RS+ can not records points in raw log.

Thanks

1 Like

It is much more common for people to trigger “events” with their Reach “M” series receivers, but you can actually trigger events with any “RS” series receiver as well. It requires wiring to the event pin in the 9-pin connector. You need the optional RS cable for that. Pick the one with the plain end (CBL101 or CBL108):

https://store.emlid.com/product/reach-rs-rs2-cable-2m-w-o-2nd-connector-90-deg/

2 Likes

Thanks bide for your answer.
Actually I was looking to don’t take that connector and find a way to do all measurements just with RS+, EMLID app and RTKLIB.
Can you suggest me a procedure to have a fix point just with these 3 devices.
Like, I was think to collect a point turning on the raw log, survey for 30 min and than turn off the log.
In case the position is float I will post process with RTKLIB. There s any function in RTLPLOT to extrapolate the average value in Q1? As I know RTK plot gives you an average coordinate ORI but includes all the survey ( including float position as well)

Thanks

Yes, it is a known problem with RS+ and other devices, that during the survey they are not writing events file. You can use my software for processing these points out of POS files. There is also a new feature in it, where you can filter only FIX measurements and get a centroid out of them. Here is the link: PPK point extractor software - #97 by jurijs.jeshkins

1 Like

Amazing Jurijs

I ll try tonight to see how it works.

Thanks a Lot

Jurijs

Can you please redirect me to a post where is explained your program? thanks

Here is a screen recording, which shows how to open the files, make batch process and export csv:

1 Like

Hi Davide,

To answer your second question, can I ask you to send me the following files:

• raw data log from the base

• raw data log from the rover

• position log from the rover

• RTCM3 data from the rover

You can follow the instructions from our docs: Logs downloading.

Hi Anastasiia

Normally I don’t log RTCM3 during point survey…just RAW data from rover and CORS base.
Do I need? Where I can put the RTCM3 in rtklib?

Thanks

Hi Davide,

I watched tons of video and read tons of topics how to set it up but after the post pocess i have 42% Q1 and 58% Q2. It`s normal?

Q1 means a fix solution, Q2 - float. So, in your case, more than half of the points have submeter-level accuracy, instead of centimeter-level. To understand why it happened, I need to check raw data from both base and rover devices.

Other thing that I can not solve is I never had a solution opening event.pos file, looks like Reach RS+ can not records points in raw log.

The .pos file with “__event” contains timestamps if you had them during the session. You can obtain this file only after the post-processing of your data.

Normally I don’t log RTCM3 during point survey…just RAW data from rover and CORS base. Do I need? Where I can put the RTCM3 in rtklib?

You can convert RTCM3 files in RTKCONV, this file collects all the data the rover get from the base.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.