New Reach RS+ will not update

A post was split to a new topic: Difficulties with connecting Reach to Wi-Fi networks

Hi @robuell,

Thank you for pointing this out! We’ve changed the limit on replies settings so that you shouldn’t encounter this issue anymore.

That’s great to know that you’ve managed to update the device.

In regards to the difficulties you described in your last message, could you clarify whether you tried to update the ReachView scanner tool after changing the network? You can do that by clicking on the Refresh button in the top right corner. I highlighted it with red on the screenshot down below:

I did not do that, but I will get set up now and try. Thanks.

1 Like

Please keep us posted!

I started the Reach from cold, and it found my network. The phone was restarted and connected to network. Opening ReachView, the screen you showed me was displayed with my single Reach. It did have the network address correct, I tapped refresh and it stayed the same. Selecting that Reach brought me to the status page and all was normal.

If I go to WiFi page on ReachView and select hotspot the Reach goes to hotspot. Going to wifi settings on phone and selecting reach:8C:E7 and returning to ReachView, the “Hotspot is active connect to reach WiFi…etc” box is still there locking it up. Only way out is restart phone and select reach:8CE7 in settings again, then go to desktop icon for ReachView, which displays your screenshot. The reach hotspot address is correct, but I refresh anyway and select - up comes a good status page. Which it would have done without refreshing, I tried that way too. Restarting phone is the key.

I expect this is a problem with my hardware. If it isn’t happening elsewhere, no worries, I can get by. Thanks again for your time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.