We wanted to share with you our new Raspbian Stretch release for Navio. Here’s the link.
Here’s the overview of new features:
- Raspberry PI 3 Model B+ support is here!
- Exciting new GPIO support on the servo rail. Essentially it means that you have 14 GPIOs more to spare*. Read a section about this feature below
- ArduPilot updates:
- Kernel updated to v4.14.34
- Reworked packaging of kernel. This allows to easily get updates and install some packages previously unavailable incl. everything that depends on raspberrypi-bootloader package
- Emlidtool v1.0.6:
- Package rpi-update removed from image. Since this command can break RCIO support
- Removed WBC support
- Fix some misc bugs
You need reflash your device if you want to get these features, so backup your parameters.
*In order for GPIO on the servo rail feature to work you’ll need to type in a simple command
sudo emlidtool rcio update for updating your RCIO firmware on your newly flashed SD card.
After that you can use your
/sys/class/gpio/gpiochip500 to control pins on the servo rail by
echo N > /sys/class/gpio/export (where N is 500…514) and then writing and reading values as usual. Of course 500 is just the base value. So in order to control 2nd pin on the rail you’ll need to
The more technical changelog is here.
We hope you like the new features and wait for your feedback!