New Data Collector

arkon - Bing images

Semi-quick release…

Universal adjustable motorcycle holder bike handlebars bracket phone mount for all smartphone Sale - Banggood.com

[Collector mount](US $48.00 | New TSC3 GPS Mount Range Pole Cradle Bracket data collector for GPS https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNRv9Hb)

I found this one, it matches my red carbon fibre pole. So stoked to play survey after winter!!!

Oukitel WP5 Pro fits perfectly to the TSC2 quick release bracket.

2 Likes

Please grace us with a picture of the Pole…Red is a nice color. Manufactuer?

1 Like

Link Aliexpress survey pole

The case it came in said Trimble but I highly doubt that its authentic, 3rd shift product maybe? If it is authentic what a deal, the survey store in the closest city wanted $700CDN for a Trimble pole. There are also cheaper ones on Aliexpress too, the black carbon fibre is about $110US on Ali.

This one seems really well built, I really wanted red one because it does not blend in with the terrain as well.

Setting up stakes for a fence line using a transit, the part you don’t see is the huge gulch or whats over the next hill. I really wish I had that stick during this project.

I am not a professional surveyor. But I think this survey stick is going to help tons with figuring out drainage on the farm. Being able to build super straight fence through challenging terrain that the transit cant see end to end will be a big bonus. Finding old buried survey pins, straightening bin yards and buildings… the list goes on.

Also it will be great to see if its worth paying a real surveyor to come out cause the neighbour is encroaching / playing yank the pin.

3 Likes

Sweet looking stake…GPS or TS?

$700CAD :astonished: maybe with a bipod…that’s way up there even for a Trimble Rod.

That’s definitely not a Trimble rod, but who cares. Most likely they just stated that because Trimble is the most recognizable brand and it works with it. Looks like a prism rod to me as most GNSS poles are either two-piece or snap-lock. Just make sure you measure it well before you start shooting to make sure.

It came in a Trimble carrying case, though I see no Trimble makings on the rod. It is fully adjustable to 2.8 m in length, the inner rod seems to be red anodized aluminum the outer rod is carbon fibre. Everything seems very strong though it is quite light. I also have my data collector bracket on it.

It has a snap lock pin to precision lock it at 1.8, 2.0 , 2.4, and 2.6m. and you can replace the end tip. the end tip is in two pieces, point and adapter to rod are separate.

I am not sure the difference between a gps and total station prism rod would be? But i think this will do just fine for my application.

1 Like

Looks like a good stick to me.

There’s really nothing to say what a rod is to be used for unless it has a specific offset, but most rods that are sold “for GPS” are either 2-piece or snap-locks and don’t have any adjustments other than 1.6, 1.8 and 2m. I have never seen a rod sold with a GPS kit that goes above 2m, but that’s not to say that people don’t use others. I saw some guys doing what I can only assume was a tree survey when I was playing golf and they had a rod that had to go up at least 5 meters.

Yeah in my experience the TS Prism Rods may need to be raised as high as possible because of the need for line of sight “might want to measure a point behind a brick fence that’s say 3m high, I can just change the height of Target on the Robot and measure else I would need to shoot an intermediary point and set Station on that in order to measure the previously non visible point”.

The GPS Rods only need be able to as high as clear sky view and remain fixed [No adjustments needed most times] at the height you keyed in your Field Collector…don’t want to discover hours in that your pole slid at some point hence the snap lock/two piece.

2 Likes

Moved up to the WP8 Pro for the larger screen and slightly thinner build. It’s about $30 more. Internals are the same as the WP5 Pro except that the GPU is a little faster and the battery has a little less capacity. Works great!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.