Navio 2 POSHOLD crash with log

I had 4-in-1 DAL RC 40A:

When I connected it directly to battery - it was rebooting in loop (like voltage was too low).
The RPi was powered via this ESC integrated BEC 5v via Servo Rail - and the diodes connected to power rail of servo were blinking like voltage was unstable and dropping.

No that is not needed, but very nice though

1 Like

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=225354

Check this.

It does sound like polyfuse blow.

Seeing as the UBEC has the option to supply 5v or 6v have you actually measured the voltage that it outputs using a meter ?

I would not have used a servo UBEC to power the RPi.

Yes. 5.3. Well that is what Emlid recommends?

No I do not have that problem

5.3 is a top limit as per docs.

Not sure if this UBEC can exceed it during flight.

https://docs.emlid.com/navio2/ardupilot/hardware-setup/

Redundancy

In case of power module failure Navio2 will switch to power from the servo rail.

Powering servo rail

Power module does not power servos. To provide power to the servo rail plug your drone’s BEC into any free channel on the servo rail. Use BECs that provide voltage in a range of 4.8-5.3V. If you’d like to use high voltage servos use a power separation board.

Redundancy will not protect against over-voltage.

Well just use a regulated Ubec

Morning Emlid,

OK so completed my test bed scratch built yesterday.

As you can see I did exactly what Tatiana instructed. Nothing attached to the USB ports and power is only achieved via the servo rails.

I did 3 flights yesterday. On the second and last flight I performed Autotune. Will do 7 more flights like this and report back if I observe any anomalies.

After 10 flights total I will add the Usb adapter to the drone. And continue test.

1 Like

Hi Barry,

First, I’d like to ask you to raise the GNSS antenna and locate it on a ground plane. A ground plane should be made from a conductive material and be no less than 70 x 70 mm.

Check out this article describing how to set up the antenna for more info.

Also, please share logs from these flights so we can look into them.

log_16_2019-8-12-11-51-54.bin (9.7 MB)

OK the log is attached. Question. Is the groundplane really neccesare for the navio 2 Gps. I do not have any interference or GPS problems with it mounted like that?

Hi Barry,

The attached log is the one from latest crash, not from recent flight. The GPS data was quite good.

Oops. Fixed now thank you Marc.

log_1_2019-8-12-20-42-45.bin (8.2 MB)

Log for today

I actually got really good results out of my Quad today.

This hover was done in 15 knots of wind and in poshold it just kept its position like it was glued in the sky.

Then decided to do a range test using just the Raspberry pi 3 + onboard wifi and managed to push to 200 meters. So really impressed with my setup at the moment.

Then decided to do an Auto mission and despite the wind it just stayed glued to the track like it was on rails.

OK people from Emlid.

Here is the crashlog we have all been waiting for. 10 flights without any peripheral attached to the USB ports and flights were beautiful.

Then this afternoon I attached my USB Wifi range extender and halfway through the flight it did exactly the same as it did before. All of a sudden roll to the right and crashed.

log_1_2019-8-14-13-39-03.bin (3.2 MB)

So how do we now test if it’s a power issue or a driver issue as Tridge from ArduPilot suggested

2019-08-14_14-20-09[1].tlog (1.6 MB)

HELOOO EMLID, Any body there???