Naming Conventions for IGS Equipment

is this mean great news for us? will we can get better APC calculation if we submit our log to online positioning service at near future?

Keep yours good work emlid

9 Likes

Thanks for helping us with the announcement :grin:

We’ll post a bit more about this news shortly!

8 Likes

Now, that’s a proper cliffhanger! :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks! Great News!
Download: rcvr_ant.tab / ngs14.atx

Emlid REACH RS2 Antenna Data only (extracted from ngs14.atx):
ngs14_EMLID_REACH_RS2.zip (14.8 KB)

1 Like

You are true detectives :joy:

Antenna calibrations have been just added several hours earlier. You can now choose our antenna in OPUS and PPP services.

It’s EML_REACH_RS2.

5 Likes

Any luck using NRCAN-PPP and selecting the RS2 Antenna? I’ve added EML_REACH_RS2 to the Rinex file, but I receive the following warning with the solution:

Warning : Although an antenna record was located in the RINEX file, no phase centre information could be found in the IGS/NGS file for your antenna. Estimated height should be used with caution. Ensure that both the antenna type and the RINEX header record "ANT # / TYPE " are valid.

The solution summary from NRCAN correctly shows EML_REACH_RS2 as the Antenna Model.

Perhaps it will be a few days before they update their NGS/IGS Antex definitions?

Side note: it looks like NRCAN has just implemented a fantastic upgrade - PPP with Ambiguity Resolution

1 Like

Link for the explanation of the NRCAN upgrade:

3 Likes

Hi @Africawaterdoc,

Please try NRCAN once again: it now should identify Reach RS2 antenna name in the RINEX file.

1 Like

How about AusPos?

2 Likes

It’s working now. Brilliant and thanks

2 Likes

Hi James,

It’s in progress. I’ll write back once there is an update.

2 Likes

Hi James,

AUSPOS now supports Reach RS2 antenna. You can specify the antenna name in the RINEX file (EML_REACH_RS2) or choose the option from the list.

1 Like

That’s great news! Thank you for letting us know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,
When I use NRCAN’s CSRS-PPP service, I am still receiving the same error that others have reported:

Warning: Although an antenna record was located in the RINEX file, no phase centre information could be found in the IGS/NGS file for your antenna. Estimated height should be used with caution. Ensure that both the antenna type and the RINEX header record "ANT # / TYPE " are valid.

I have attached an image of the settings that I have been using with RTKCONV, and the RINEX header - I am attempting to get an accurate position for an antenna mounted on the roof of my office, for future use as an NTRIPS Base Station. Can anyone see what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks so much!

Hi! Try this:

On the antenna row in the rtklib options the first box is for the antenna number, so leave it blank or put whatever number you want, the second box is for the antenna type, put EML_REACH_RS2, and the third box is for the radome, put NONE. This will ensure that the antenna type is located in the correct position in the Rinex file. It’s not super clear on the rtklib interface.

Hi @ponderablepine,

I agree with @Africawaterdoc suggestion. Could you try that and let us know if it helps you out?

Awesome thanks so much @Africawaterdoc @svetlana.nikolenko , that fixed the error message!

It would definitely be nice if the RTKConv screenshot in the Emlid PPP instructions (https://docs.emlid.com/reach/common/tutorials/ppp-introduction/) could be updated with this info.

Thanks!

Hi @ponderablepine,

Glad to hear it works fine!

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll think about how to make it clearer.

Hi ! About the IGS name, does the RINEX logging in ReachView records the antenna name ? Or do we have to insert it manually after download from the app ? I unfortunately can’t test it right now.

Hi Florian,

Reach RS2 records the antenna name to the header starting from the v2.25.2 dev firmware update.

If you work with the stable branch, you currently need to fill it in manually.

2 Likes