AUSPOS with Reach RS2 data

Hi Troy,
Not in all cases.
Because some post-processing software for example requires that we do a little more special conversion.
Some post-processing softwares accept RINEX v3.03 (Receiver Independent Exchange Format) others no etc…

RTKCONV is a tool that allows you to enter the parameters manually to add or modify ubx files to obtain a RINEX file that can be used by all local or online post-processing software.

Take the example of AUSPOS (it requires the type of antenna linked to the calibration file) to calculate the position more exactly and correctly even if the influence of the type of antenna in the calculations does not seem very significant to you.

Calibrations files can also be used with RTKLIB when you want to calculate a PPP Static: Precise Point Positioning with static mode.

For the case of AUSPOS The RINEX file obtained directly from the RS2 receiver does not contain the type of antenna That’s why we do it manually with RTKCONV.

As I said before RTKLIB in general and these modules and more particularly RTKCONV (which recognizes several formats not only ubx) and RTKPOST allow to enter all the parameters which help to obtain a more correct and precise result.
So you can post-process the data coming from the RS2 receiver with data coming from other receiver models.

Entring options tab: BASE, RS2, especially helps the user if he uses several receivers in order to distinguish between them and to avoid any confusion in order to avoid errors which could be fatal for calculations without realizing.

I just discovered that the type of antenna is added very recently as mentined by Tatiana here :

Finally, I prefer to choose the conversion parameters in almost all cases (RINEX v3.03) Otherwise I go to version 2.11 or 2.10.

2 Likes