Multi-band Reach RS2 is here!

Hi @esa.attia,

At the moment, IMU isn’t supported in the software.

Sure, Reach RS2 can output coordinates in the ERP format.

Ok i think the specs page only says NMEA and LLH/XYZ – I assume that is a typo

Any chance we can geta hold of a CAD model ? (STEP file maybe) so we can integrate the RS2 in our system design ?

Hi Esa,

CAD model will be available a bit later

even a basic model will do …we just need a place holder …if possible

If you can privately send me that that would be appreciated

Hi guys,

i’ve been following the RS2 topics with very interest.

From what i’ve saw, the ublox zed-f9p with its high update rate, is suitable for highly dynamic applications such as UAVs and ground robotics navigation, among many other applications.

For this kind of applications, ublox maximized the chances to get more satellite signals and fast time to get a rtk fix, even in urban environments, by choosing the GNSS signals. For this reason, GPS L5 and Galileo E5a are not enabled, because have weak signals.

Under canopy, a reliable RTK fix it’s more important than a fast RTK fix, in canopy it’s not rare to see a bad fix repeat for 30-60 seconds. So, in these environments i think GPS L5 and Galileo E5a can improve the reliability (%) of RTK fixed positions. It seems that’s a question of enable the signals in the chip by ublox:

https://portal.u-blox.com/s/question/0D52p00008HKE74CAH/support-for-gps-l5-frequecy-in-zed-f9p

Hope that you can test these options to enhance the Reach RS2 accuracy and precision under canopy! :slight_smile:

Continue the good work!

9 Likes

Hello.
¿When is the formal distribution of RS2 equipment started? I bought 2 units of RS2 in COLOMBIA with the first batch. What was planned to “start the shipment in mid-June”

3 Likes

when will we have any news of the shipment?

1 Like

Hey there,

We will send a notification to all who made a pre-order in the nearest time! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@tatiana.andreeva Thank you

2 Likes

Indeed, some method of translation or conversion would be needed. There is some scattered TSIP reference documentation in the public domain such as this Trimble TSIP manual from 1999!

There’s also some still accessible TSIP app developer info left on Trimble servers too:

From Github too, some folks have tried to implement an NMEA to TSIP converter:

I got mine today , so lets try em out…

1 Like

I’m impressed , after initial setup and a reboot it had a fix before I could log into it . Good job Emlid team. :+1: One thing I did notice the AR ratio is not on display anymore . v2.20.4

3 Likes

Did u get 2 or 1?

No shipping news yet?

Is a FEDEX TRACKING NUMBER not provided?

giphy%20(1)

no Tim

Well… just a little more patience and Christmas in July Luis? ; )

I hope so :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @agrimgalina,

Please contact us on sales@emlid.com and our Sales team will provide you with all the info on this question.

4 Likes

I got 2 of them

1 Like