Multi-band Reach RS2 is here!

It’s like what the Ring company is and has done to the ADT company in the Security industry.

Trimble, Leica, etc is the best, and is required by LARGE survey/engineer companies for gov’t work etc, but… Emlid with such great pricing, quality etc etc… now definilty poses a REAL SERIOUS threat to their comfortability level… or let’s just say no more of the CUSH life golfing and screwing around for their reps.

I’d wait until you receive and fully get aquainted with your new RS2 receivers before selling though, but once so, sell em quick to get the most out of them. It will be a good while before that kind of equipment ever loses a ton of value though… too many engineers, surveyors swear by them and will NEVER change to Emlid. Just the way it is. This is for the most part, not the people who take that risk for the better.

1 Like

… i did order one! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

@TB_RTK please no crashing rc car videos with RS2 :joy:

7 Likes

Dont worry! I`ll be crashing with something els this time :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Don’t forget to wear your helmet, Mr Crash!

14 Likes

Any Plans for an “M2” ? Would love to see the F9P integrated into the M packaging and form factor.

8 Likes

Seems it would be inevitable.

1 Like

No leaks, honestly. Just a lucky guess with coincidental timing :smiley:

3 Likes

Trabajará Reach RS2 con Fieldgenius o Carlson Survce?

1 Like

The RS2 should work with any application that is compatible the NMEA protocol.

That being said, it would be incredible if FieldGenius could add a native Ublox/Emlid driver to optimize the message delivery and allow full control of the unit including controlling the radio settings etc… I am not sure Hexagon Corp would ok this dev time without capital support from Emlid/Ublox… In the short term this would keep the professional survey crowd happy while Emlid considers Geodetic enhancements to the ReachView app.

3 Likes

Hi, this Rs2 could be a game changer for farmers wanting Rtk for autosteet etc. My question has to do with using it with trimble autosteer systems, they only accept gps into their steering systems using a Tsip protocol. Is there any way I could get a reach rs2 to output tsip?
Thanks

2 Likes

Single Frq Emlid Reach RS+ is perfectly capable of autosteer in clear fields :smiley: But indeed, the RS2 is even better and more robust!

2 Likes

Trimble is the Apple of the geospatial world. They are notoriously closed off and proprietary.

I dont believe there is any known documentation on the Trimble TSIP protocol… And the RS2 / ublox does not support.

5 Likes

Hi @mdmcurt,

Reach RS2 can’t handle the TSIP protocol. However, it can output coordinates in the industry standard NMEA.

1 Like

Does the RS2 use L5 stream?

https://emlid.com/multi-band-reach-rs2-is-here/

“Using L1/L2 bands on GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou and L1/L5 on Galileo”
2 Likes

Glonass - L1OF & L2OF
GPS - L1C/A & L2C
Galileo - E1B/C & E5b
Beidou - B1I & B2I

2 Likes

Hello. The Emlid team is really amazing. I love the RS2. It is very wonderful. But in Iran there is no dealership. How can I get Emlid products accommodation in Iran?

2 Likes

Hi ,

Does the RS2 output IMU data or is that not supported like the Rs+ ?

Also does the RS2 support ERP protocol for navio autopilot ?