Measuring voltage Servo Rail in mission planner

Well i managed to make a cable to use the Navio 2 battery port. However it is not the Ubec as the voltage also does the same when the USB is plugged in. I have measured the voltage directly from the ubec and the voltage is stable

@Barry_Bolton,

We’ll try to reproduce such behavior with Ubec connected to the servo rail. I’ll write back to you once we have any updates.

Hi Barry,

We tried to replicate your power connection scheme and supplied the Navio2 with power over the Servo rail using Ubec:

We used the following settings in QGC:

And this setup seems to be working nicely. The voltage sometimes changes from 4.9 to 5V, however, it’s a normal behavior.

May I ask you to try the same multiplier as we tried? Is there anything we might miss in the setup?

OK mine is set up exactly like that but ill replicate what you have done there settings wise as well

Keep us posted.

Just flashing the SD and Ill let you know

OK those settings work

2 Likes

Glad to hear that.

Have you managed to figure out what was wrong with the previous setup?

Tatiana I think it is the highpower wifi extender cards that was causing power issues. I have had about 20 flights with no issue so far but I need a different frame so will rebuild and test further.

How far are you with making a USB bootable image?

Hi Barry,

We have considered adding this feature and at the moment we aren’t going to implement this.

It would be good as USB boot comes as standard with the RPI 3 B+

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.