Measuring voltage Servo Rail in mission planner

That commands returns this

syscat

Value is coherent with my setup. I read 18854 on mine (around 2000 when powered only by USB).

Ah so Tatiana. What could be the fault for my Navio2 not to show the voltage then?

Can you share a log of a flight with Servo rail voltage monitoring enabled. No need to have a long flight, only some seconds in armed state (log registering).

With it I can look at Batt2 voltage displayed (or not) and settings.

Marc

log_8_2019-5-26-15-36-56.bin (7.9 MB)

There you go.

I get your log but there are some problems to sort.

Battery voltage is logged at Zero.

But Battery parameters are mismatched

BATT_MONITOR 0
BATT2_MONITOR 4
BATT2_VOLT_PIN 2
BATT2_CURR_PIN 3
BATT2_VOLT_MULT 0.26600000262260437
BATT2_AMP_PERVLT 17
BATT2_AMP_OFFSET 0
BATT2_CAPACITY 5000
BATT2_SERIAL_NUM -1
BATT2_LOW_TIMER 10
BATT2_FS_VOLTSRC 0
BATT2_LOW_VOLT 10.5
BATT2_LOW_MAH 0
BATT2_CRT_VOLT 0
BATT2_CRT_MAH 0
BATT2_FS_LOW_ACT 0
BATT2_FS_CRT_ACT 0

My battery parameters, Power sensor (Mauch) is BATT
Adjust your Battery volt and amp multiplier for your power sensor.

Servo rail is BATT2

BATT_MONITOR 4
BATT_VOLT_PIN 2
BATT_CURR_PIN 3
BATT_VOLT_MULT 22
BATT_AMP_PERVLT 35
BATT_AMP_OFFSET 0
BATT_CAPACITY 8000
BATT_SERIAL_NUM -1
BATT_LOW_TIMER 12
BATT_FS_VOLTSRC 0
BATT_LOW_VOLT 21
BATT_LOW_MAH 0
BATT_CRT_VOLT 19
BATT_CRT_MAH 0
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT 0
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT 0

BATT2_MONITOR 3
BATT2_VOLT_PIN 1
BATT2_CURR_PIN -1
BATT2_VOLT_MULT 0.26600000262260437
BATT2_AMP_PERVLT 17
BATT2_AMP_OFFSET 0
BATT2_CAPACITY 3300
BATT2_SERIAL_NUM -1
BATT2_LOW_TIMER 10
BATT2_FS_VOLTSRC 0
BATT2_LOW_VOLT 4.5
BATT2_LOW_MAH 0
BATT2_CRT_VOLT 0
BATT2_CRT_MAH 0
BATT2_FS_LOW_ACT 0
BATT2_FS_CRT_ACT 0

and the result is

As you use QGroundControl, here are the screen copies of my Batt settings with QGC.

Marc, not sure what to do any more I have changed my settings to match yours countless times with same result. The only difference between my setup and your setup as per your screen above is that I do not have power going into my BATT1

No problem with no BATT(1) no monitoring

But,

Your BATT2 settings are looking for voltage and current data from pin 2 and 3 of the PowerModule plug.

So if you really want to read voltage of the servo rail, adjust your essential settings to do it:

BATT2_MONITOR 3 (voltage only)
BATT2_VOLT_PIN 1
BATT2_VOLT_MULT 0.266 (more or less)

Hello Tatiana. Any possibility of helping me further with this problem? I keep on sending you logs but you never come back with a good enough answer

From the status screen, servo voltage (look at battery_voltage2 voltage also) look fine. I did not understand why voltage data in HUD is not displayed? It should be

On this screen copy, Navio2 is powered by USB, no battery on the main power supply.

Battery2

Mission planner version is the latest, Arducopter 3.6.9.

I hope you find a solution with Emlid.

Hi Barry,

I’ll look into it and get back to you with updates.

Thank you. However I am not enjoying the support I am receiving from Emlid at the moment. I created this post in March and it is not June and Emlid has still not given me proper support on this issue which is critical for safe flying. It seems to be the trend from Emlid where your only hope for resolving issues is that someone from the community helps on issues.

Hi Barry,

Can you please specify whether you use UDP or telemetry radio option to connect Navio2 to GCS?

UDP but can use telemetry as well

I just tried telemetry radios and the results are the same

I’m still concerned by your issue. Data displayed in Status screen is quite valid, but not in HUD. It could be a Mission planner issue.

Can you try to log a new flight with your “working?” parameters. So we can verify if Batt2 (servorail) voltage is logged. Next step (if log is good as expected), should be to download and install a fresh Mission Planner version

@Barry_Bolton,

I’d also recommend trying to reset all parameters to default and try to set up everything from scratch. The issue seems strange to me.

Yes I have done that

OK so just hooked up my navio2 via SIK radios to my tablet with same result